Curious About Value of TF Comics

Wheeljack's Ghost

Hi, I'm currently in the process of selling my Gen1 TF Collection and I have some comics and books that I want to add to my list, but I have no idea how I should price them.

Here's what I have:

Comics:

Transformers Universe - Vol. 1 #1, Dec. 1986

G.I. Joe & The Transformers - Vol. 1 #1, Jan. 1987

Transformers: The Movie - Vol. 1 #1, Dec. 1986

Transformers: The Movie - Vol. 1 #2, Jan. 1987

The Transformers - Vol. 1 #34, Nov. 1987

Books:

Transformers, Jaws of Terror - Book and Tape (w/o the tape); 1986

Transformers, The Movie; 1986 - Ladybird Books

Transformers, Galvatron's Air Attack; 1986 - Ladybird Books

Transformers, Autobots' Lightning Strike; 1985 - Ladybird Books

Transformers, Megatron's Fight For Power; 1985 - Ladybird Books

Transformers, Autobots Strike Oil; 1988 - Ladybird Books

Transformers, Autobots Fight Back; 1985 - Ladybird Books

I am not going to pretend to know how to grade books and comics. They all vary in condition...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeremy

I might can be of assistance on the first section you listed, but its unfortunately bad news. I have the whole set of US Marvel G1, including movie, universe, headmasters, and versus G.I. Joe. Of them, the only issues worth anything more than a mere few dollars a piece are mint/NM copies of the first 4 issues of the main series, and mint/NM copies of the last ten issues (70 to 80). Indeed I believe the most valuable issue tends to be issue #80 itself, which can run anywhere from $50 to outrageous amounts for graded NM versions in the several-hundred-dollar range. The side issues like the movie adaptation and universe issues can often be obtained on ebay in one cheap lot for $10 to 30$ depending on the seller and condition.

As for the second section of books you listed, I've no clue on those, though I'd bet the books tend to be even less collectable than the comics.

On the whole, Transformer G1 and G2 back issues just aren't that valuable, even in really good nick. I picked up US#1, sealed in protective sleeve on backing card for like $7 about 6 years or so ago. And remember that numerous G1 and G2 comics (entire story arcs) have been reprinted and are currently still being reprinted under IDW's "Generations" series.

Earlier this year I picked up a swag of G1 comics from a collectors fair - again, all really cheap.

Thank you both for the input. I think I will just list them all together in one lot for $10, or something. There was also a Transformers Annual I forgot to mention in the original post, so hopefully I can just sell them all at once...

Thanks again,

Jeremy

• 3 weeks later...

Yo man PM me with ANY TF comics if you still have them. "I" collect ALL TF comics from Marvel to Dreamwave to Devils Due to the awsome IDW series! I will even like out of country issues as well. They may not be worth something NOW, but later i garentEE they will be good to have held on to.

Since the movie though, the TF comics issue # 1 has gone up to $50 bucks. I still have that comics as its what got me into comic collecting. ( i also have amazing Spiderman 300 *1st Venom* Mint) ;)

I have lost so many toy collections but still have ALL the comics i ever bought. Easier to keep space for, and worth alot over time as well.

Archived