Teletraan-I / Ark / Nemesis Display Panels!

Mandingo Rex

Here's the fold diagram, hopefully you can eyeball where the folds are supposed to happen.

You'll be able to tell in the final file, I weathered them intentionally around the creases so they stood out.

Not sure if I'll include tabs, it actually works best spray mounted onto stiffer boards, so I don't think tabs would do much good anyways.

folds.gif

There's a good bit of excess at the bottom, not sure if I'm going to tuck that under or have it stick out, or just make the entire unit taller.

It may end up getting trimmed, although I really like some of the detail down there.

The center console obviously ends up sitting on top of the "dash/keyboard" area, with the screen facing forward. The side monitors go into the wells on either side of the main section (the walls cut in the middle, and fold inwards to make the sides, and the monitors are attached.). The small consoles sit on the left and right sides.

I'll include photos when done of the assembled thing so people won't be absolutely confused. It all makes sense in my head, I'm quite sure it may be a little difficult to visualize all assembled.

There you go again, trying to steal the thunder...:P

Hey, it was a commission. ;)

Just let it be known that Prime's is the OT!

I actually saw that at one point. Not bad, considering the time you probably put into it.

The problem with the damn thing is that it ALWAYS changes in the cartoon, so it's hard to get a standard version. You'll notice that mine's a hybrid, I picked and chose elements that I thought looked the best and played around with the proportions a tad, but you'll see that most of the key features are there.

Done. All I need to do is print a copy and assemble it full-size to make sure everything fits together... I'm usually pretty good at packaging design and model testing, so this should fit together fairly smoothly.

It grew from my original goal of 1 piece, it got complicated along the way. haha. as you can see, it's now composed of 4 pages, with several pieces that attach on top of the main piece, and then the sides and top are separate pieces. The construction itself is still fairly basic though, but I think it will have enough 3D-goodness that it will still feel like Teletraan I. Once cut out, the pieces will fit together, they're turned upside down in the layouts to save space when printing. There's also some bleed on the main unit, to allow for edges to not have white borders.

I'll let everyone know when final working files are available, shouldn't be too long.

All four final designs:

***Outdated files, refer to front page for proper links***

No, there's no bottom, and no back. Put it against a wall, I'm done. :) I made the top because it bugged me that it wasn't capped, and I made that from cutting and pasting elements from the Ark panels. For a back, just use black foam core board to close it in if you want to make it feel more "finished".

I'm satisfied, I hope everyone else is.

This is amazing! I'm definitely going to do something with this. Thanks for the hard work and for posting it up and sharing with us all!