Teletraan-I / Ark / Nemesis Display Panels!

Mandingo Rex

Any updates? very excited :-)

Patience! :)

I know, I do the same thing. I've bugged the ever-loving life out of Valkfan to finish his Stunticon heads. Part of it's me wanting to get the Ironhide and Ratchet heads from him again so I can rebuild my Ironhide and Ratchet customs.

I'm taking the weekend off for once (no work for me this weekend), but I may be able to finish up some more pieces. Seriously, it's the details on it that I want to get right and they're taking a good bit. I don't want any piece of it to look like it's replicated from somewhere else, so that every tiny piece is juuuust right.

Anybody made their own sets yet from the Ark plates?

I'm serious, I want to see photos. :)

AWESOME any plans for the nemesis controls?

None as of yet, although I prefer my Autobots to have a home over the Decepticons. Which is why I'm focusing on T-I, and getting him just right first before I upload it for everyone. Perhaps if I "get it right", I can use the template and create the Nemesis controls from a similar design.

Oddly, I always saw the Decepticons as nomadic, for some reason... They always had these various bases of operations, kind of like Cobra. Oddly, the good guys always stayed in one place and let it be known where their secret base was, yet the villains always snuck around, creating secret bases and elaborate, yet-foil-able, plots. Where did they get all the money for this real estate? Squatter's rights?

If I do, It won't be as elaborate as the Ark, but I also don't plan on just re-coloring Teletraan-I as I joked. Unlike Hasbro/Takara, as much as we love their products, I don't see simply recoloring as "something new, and completely different!".

At worst, I COULD always color it purple and call it a Nemesis Teletraan-I. Wait, I just got that... THIS WHOLE NEMESIS NAMING CONVENTION STARTED WITH G1! D'OH!

Here's something I could use some help on: aside from my current layout, is there ANYTHING that anyone feels is missing, or has been left off?

I recall typically seeing a 4-6 pronged (imagine a robot octopus, with straight legs) screen sitting on top of the "keyboard" area, beneath the big screen. Since the various episodes used varying Teletraan-I interfaces, does anyone have a more "ideal" layout for Teletraan? I've seen one instance where it had a giant trackball/magic-ball (seeing eye?) in the middle of the screen, but this was rare instances. This is currently missing and will be an additional piece that attaches on top of the folded "center console" area. You can hopefully get an idea from the screengrab where it will plug in.

Also, any samples of diagrams to put on the screens would be most helpful. I have my own thoughts right now, but populating the screens will be the last step that I take, short of printing and assembling the finished product.

I'll try and include photoshop paths for all the screens too, so folks can use masks and drop in their own content if they want to. Once I flatten the file, the PSD is close to 200MB right now, with at least 200 layers so far.

Here's something I could use some help on: aside from my current layout, is there ANYTHING that anyone feels is missing, or has been left off?

If you wanna get really precise, you could make some rocks and broken computer screens, but I wouldn't call those elements "missing".

If you wanna get really precise, you could make some rocks and broken computer screens, but I wouldn't call those elements "missing".

I think they would be nice touches for surrounding elements. Although I'm trying to keep the center console as much of a solid unit as possible. It would be a nice addition to work it into some of the surrounding plates, though. Once I'm done with Teletraan, I may revisit the other plates and modify them so there are at least 2 more, perhaps with some "battle damage" included, like busted screens for those background shots?

Rocks wouldn't be hard textures to create, although I'd personally prefer them to not be 2D though.

http://www.cripplebush.net/granite/granite_category.htm

This place has some awesome rocks that would work well in a Teletraan-I/Ark cave-nestled setting. They're a tad pricey, but hey, you're not paying anything for the Teletraan, so you could spend your money here, or cast your own rubber rocks, if you're adventurous. I guess you could always use real rocks too, but they're sort of, you know, heavy.

I know, I do the same thing. I've bugged the ever-loving life out of Valkfan to finish his Stunticon heads. Part of it's me wanting to get the Ironhide and Ratchet heads from him again so I can rebuild my Ironhide and Ratchet customs.

Hahaha! So true!

Hey Mandingo, I am just waiting on some higher quality resin that should help with the air bubble issues I've been having.

These Ark panels are AWESOME! Maybe you can bring a set for me to see when we meet in person. I'd love to see your work first hand.

Hahaha! So true!

Hey Mandingo, I am just waiting on some higher quality resin that should help with the air bubble issues I've been having.

These Ark panels are AWESOME! Maybe you can bring a set for me to see when we meet in person. I'd love to see your work first hand.

Thanks Valkfan! See? I bug the life out of him. I should change my screenname to Valkfanfan. Check out his threads, his molds are amazing.

I finished the line detailing on the main unit last night, I'm going to focus on the detailed control panels (keys and knobs and stuff around some of the monitors), a few "plugs" and gadgety things, and the raised portions that will attach to the main unit, then I'll be weathering the entire thing.

The last thing I'll do is the screens, since I'm hoping others can help contribute to what content they may display. There are plenty of screens to fill, so I will definitely accept any requests folks may have.

***If anyone has better video stills of the Teletraan-I unit from the cartoon, could you share them? I would reference my G1 cartoon collection, but I haven't replaced that yet from the fire. I've searched all the references on the internet, but screen grabs from the cartoon would help tremendously, especially if it's not one of the 3 clear images I can find online.

Just to prove I'm still working on it:

teletraan_wip3.jpg

Those bottom side 2 monitors, I've decided will be cut out and a separate piece will fold inwards, so they'll be inset. I wasn't happy with them the way they are, so they'll be changing. They'll be more consistent with the other Teletraan references I've found, and it will be more 3D.