Teletraan-I / Ark / Nemesis Display Panels!

Mandingo Rex

Rodimus VTS,

Started it, although last week at work was a bit "hectic" to say the least. Late nights, not much nerd-time. I'll post it once I get it to a stage where it's worth posting. I've started laying out the overall "die" if you will, of how it will fold, and general placement of things. Really rough right now though. In a way, it's easier, and more complicated, than Teletraan's design. It's going to have to fold fairly differently, and may take more pieces to fit together... But it will be the same level of detail, don't worry! :)

These are really cool M.R. thanks for making these! I've downloaded them but haven't had a chance to print out and assemble them yet.

Al

Rodimus VTS,

Started it, although last week at work was a bit "hectic" to say the least. Late nights, not much nerd-time. I'll post it once I get it to a stage where it's worth posting. I've started laying out the overall "die" if you will, of how it will fold, and general placement of things. Really rough right now though. In a way, it's easier, and more complicated, than Teletraan's design. It's going to have to fold fairly differently, and may take more pieces to fit together... But it will be the same level of detail, don't worry! :)

Like I said not trying to rush you. I'm just waiting, and looking forward to building the nemesis around this. I'm planning on building a throne for my Cl Megatron like the one in the wall paper that Apex Prime designed of Lord Megatron here.

Like I said not trying to rush you. I'm just waiting, and looking forward to building the nemesis around this. I'm planning on building a throne for my Cl Megatron like the one in the wall paper that Apex Prime designed of Lord Megatron here.

If you want, go ahead and build your Nemesis. The Nemesis console is going to be roughly the same size as the Teletraan unit. My goal is to make them match closely so they fit in similar displays. You can expect it to take up the same space as Teletraan, if you want to get started building and just use that as a stand-in for laying out your display! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna kinda bump. This needs to be on the top page, darnit. :tflaugh

Actually, I was wondering, had you thought about doing a web page for Teletraan-1 / Nemesis and setting up a Paypal "donate" button on the page?

Gonna kinda bump. This needs to be on the top page, darnit. :tflaugh

Actually, I was wondering, had you thought about doing a web page for Teletraan-1 / Nemesis and setting up a Paypal "donate" button on the page?

Haha. Actually, no I haven't. I think I may set up a page on my site though that's a little better designed so people have a "landing" page instead of a file directory. Also post updates, etc there.

Do you think people would Paypal donate? It's kind of you to offer, but I dunno how the majority would feel about that. :)

Hey MR,

One thing I'm trying with your teletran-1 display panels is gluing them to sheet styrene instead of folding them like normal. Should be extra sturdy.

Idea for the mods: could we pin this topic please? MR really put a LOT of work into this, and it looks really great!! :thumb

I'd love to print it on vinyl, I've checked into pricing and it seems to be a little more than I'd be willing to shell out for something I don't really have room to display. Haha.

My ideal method of production would be to print it on vinyl, and then mount that to styrene. It'd be as good as a plastic playset then, and fairly durable.

Love to see it when you're done.

Anyone done a Nemesis layout yet?

BTW, work's been slamming me lately, haven't had any time to work more on the Nemesis, but it's definitely started and I'm finishing up the main layout, next will come the many many hours of detailing. THAT's the fun, tedious part.