Teletraan-I / Ark / Nemesis Display Panels!

Mandingo Rex

Have you thought about making specialized designs for the floor? I love the walls, but I think it would be great if there was a clear distinction from the wall panels to the floor tiles. I really love what you do!

For my Ark display I just used one of the more plain walls with the least amount of little display panels showing.

Yep, I was going to suggest the same thing. Just use one of the simpler plates for the floor, would be my suggestion. If you'll notice from the screen grabs, the floors aren't that much different from the walls in the cartoons... Just less detailed usually.

And one thing I never even thought about, how is the Ark floor not tilted at least 20%?

The Ark is ALWAYS shown "crashed" at an angle into the mountain, but the Autobots always walk around inside just fine, on a flat surface.

So that's my explanation as to why the walls are the same material as the floor. The Ark is designed so that it always "designates" a floor and has it's own gravity system that designates the flattest plane as the "ground" plane. Smart cop-out, huh?

I'll be redesigning the Ark walls eventually, to detail them more. I may as well make a "floor" panel that can be tiled easier when I do that. I'll do that WAY down the road though. Gotta finish this Nemesis first!

Sweet so next up is Meg's computer w/ Shock wave on the main screen right? Oh this is going to be sooo great.

Yep... I'm assuming from everyone that they want Shockwave on the screen?

I may be tempted to do more detailed artwork of ol' Shockwave. I just had a lot of fun illustrating Sgt. Slaughter for a custom G.I. Joe 25th box art, so we'll see where that goes.

CHECK OUT THE SARGE »

Probably not that detailed, since it was mimicking the other 25th artwork, but something a little more detailed than the cartoon artwork.

Sweet so next up is Meg's computer w/ Shock wave on the main screen right? Oh this is going to be sooo great.

Yep... I'm assuming from everyone that they want Shockwave on the screen?

I may be tempted to do more detailed artwork of ol' Shockwave. I just had a lot of fun illustrating Sgt. Slaughter for a custom G.I. Joe 25th box art, so we'll see where that goes.

CHECK OUT THE SARGE »

Probably not that detailed, since it was mimicking the other 25th artwork, but something a little more detailed than the cartoon artwork.

That is a really awesome drawing of Sgt Slaughter. As for Shockwave if you don't want to draw him you could always use art from Dreamwave G1 volume 2 or IDW Spotlight on Shockwave.

I wish they would make a 25th anni figure of him. He was my favorite GI Joe fig as a kid and one day while at Summer day camp my little brothers were playing with my 'Joes and left the Sarg out in the yard. That same day while I was still at day camp my mom mowed the lawn, and when I got home all I found left of Sgt Slaughter was the sliced remains of his hat. :tfsad

Guest Buck Bailey

Love these things, Mandingo. I have a suggestion for the monitor panels: I think it would be great to have the Nemesis and Ark each showing the other ship on their monitors, as if the two toy displays are looking at each other.