Teletraan-I / Ark / Nemesis Display Panels!

Mandingo Rex

TB,

That's one of the best wall plates I've seen assembled! you did a good job seaming them together, that was exactly the way I intended them to be modular and fit together properly!

Can't wait to see yours assembled with figures in it.

I think I may be able to actually plot mine out tonight, we have to sneak into my girlfriend's office and use her plotter. Mine at work is off limits, and I don't feel like paying the rates to plot it (VERY expensive here).

You'd think I could get away with it, but you'd be surprised. That's advertising, you always have to bill someone!

Hey MR not trying to rush you but I was wondering how the nemesis display console is coming along?

Haha. Sort of the same way that the Ark/Teletraan-I went. I'm trying to get the Nemesis background plates done first. I'm about half done with them... All I have to do is one more unique plate, and then I'll modify those 3 to make 3 more. Sort of like Hasbro does with their repaints, but with more effort.

I'll start on the Nemesis control within a few weeks, more than likely.

July's a busy month for me, with a lot of family and friends visiting from out of town.

No prob man I've been really busy for the last several months too. That's why I haven't posted any new kitbashes in a while. I just saw the Teletran on Tuesday, and had to build it. Too bad I had to work that night and kind of started falling asleep half way through...Hey that was all your fault! Heh heh heh just kidding it wasn't your fault I just got really caught up in building that great Teletran-1. Even though I only had card stock to build it out of and I couldn't seem to get the control panels to fit right though I probably could if I messed with the settings of that page some I think it turned out pretty good.

My Teletran-1 version 1 (when I make one out of plastic or poster board I'll be giving this one to my son.):

072.jpg

Here's #5 of 6 for the Nemesis plates. #5 is a variation on #2, but hopefully you can't tell. :)

DOWNLOAD NEMESIS BACKGROUND PLATE #5 »

Unfortunately, my work laptop's logic board died on me, and I lost the working PSD for file #3, so we won't be seeing any new variations from that one again, but lucky for me that plate #3 was the one I made #4 from, so hopefully I won't be needing the original PSD anymore.

I may end up making orange versions of these so that people have more-detailed plates for the Ark that match the Teletraan in level of detail and design.

Having a year between making the first Ark plates and Teletraan-1 gave me time to improve on the original designs, and the old ones don't really cut it for me anymore.

BTW, check out some hot things people have been doing with the backgrounds:

AMARO'S G.I. JOE BASE OVER AT HISSTANK.COM »

WHEELJACKSWORKSHOP'S AND OTHERS DISPLAY CASES »