Teletraan-I / Ark / Nemesis Display Panels!

Mandingo Rex

Center console:

center_console.jpg

I've got 2 small consoles (they'll be attachments on the left and right sides of the main unit) to create, then I'll get to the weathering and screen content.

It's about 80% done now. Anyone printed any plates out yet and taken photos?

I am building shelves for these. great work. if you ever need something hit me up. these feel too good to be free. like my neighbor when i was 14

I have no idea what that last comment means. haha.

But thanks.

Free? I wouldn't have it any other way. I love sharing things that I make for my hobbies. If others can use it, the more the merrier. It just helps this is only a flat image file that others can print. Feel free to modify the images as you need to, they're free for anyone to modify as you see fit.

BTW, I realize Megatron's cannon is on the wrong arm in the main screen on one of the Ark plates. The "Alternated Masterpiece" image fit better flipped.

Hey Mandingo..Do you have a large resolution version of the Teletran-1 thing that I can use as a place holder right now so I can start actually building these until the finished one is done? I got all the measurements for my cases, and just need this last piece to put it all together.

Thanks.

Hey Mandingo..Do you have a large resolution version of the Teletran-1 thing that I can use as a place holder right now so I can start actually building these until the finished one is done? I got all the measurements for my cases, and just need this last piece to put it all together.

Thanks.

Not yet. I PMed you a more sensible reply, but for anyone else wondering, I'm swamped at work this week, and that's where I do most of my printing/paper modeling since I no longer have a home office thanks to Allied Van Lines.

I have more of the model to have to make, and that's going to be a tad trickier. It will need sides for the outer and inner walls of the left and right "wings" (on either side of the center-screen-section) so I'll have to do a few tests to make sure everything lines up when they're folded. (They follow different fold lines, so that it has more depth... You'll see what I'm talking about, check out the ref images on Pg. 1).

I know everyone's anxious, I am too... I just want to get it right, and I need the time to work on it.

Thanks everyone. :)

Well, here's our part..I'm printing them out very large scale to go into my cases--It's really great having access to a print shop with a high quality poster printer that does high gloss photo quality printing..

0514081609.jpg

Well, here's our part..I'm printing them out very large scale to go into my cases--It's really great having access to a print shop with a high quality poster printer that does high gloss photo quality printing..

Haha. Damn, that's awesome. How much are you printing? I see a second one coming out on the plotter.

I hope the files were big enough and didn't pixelate. I tried to keep high-res as possible for those. Nice that you were able to join them all together in one plotted piece, the ones I had were smaller modular units.

I wish I could get access to our plotters at work, but they reserve them for clients only, and have password access to the computers that run the plots. Plus I just started here like 4 months ago, so I don't have "connections" yet to let me do it like at my last job.

FYI, the Teletraan working PSD file is 238 MB, with another 20 MB file for the center console piece. For a sense of scale, the main T-I unit is roughly 25"x35", at 200dpi. It was originally at 300dpi, but I got so tired of waiting on files to process. Let's just say it's got a lot of layers, and I don't want to flatten any effects until I'm set and satisfied. Which is sort of painful working at that scale, but hopefully it will be worth it.

What will be the icing on the cake is seeing it in 3D, seeing the flat artwork doesn't do it justice. People will be pleased, I'm very hopeful of that.