Teletraan-I / Ark / Nemesis Display Panels!

Mandingo Rex

**UPDATED 04-06-2009**

FOLKS... ALL I ASK IN GIVING THESE FOR FREE, IS THAT COMPANIES DO NOT PROFIT FROM THEM. Please do not use them for monetary gain in displays or promo shots used to sell any items of your own, and most of all, please do not assemble these to sell for profit.

Here's the digital rendering:

http://x4.ofgraphicdesign.com/projects/ark/Teletraan-assembled.jpg

But I finally got around to building my Teletraan-I, and here she is:

http://x4.ofgraphicdesign.com/projects/ark/teletraan_real1.jpg

http://x4.ofgraphicdesign.com/projects/ark/teletraan_real2.jpg

http://x4.ofgraphicdesign.com/projects/ark/teletraan_real3.jpg

http://x4.ofgraphicdesign.com/projects/ark/teletraan_real4.jpg

Guys, the files are done, I've tested them and resized a few things. Here you go:
TELETRAAN-I HIGH RES PRINTABLE FILES »
TELETRAAN-I BACK GRAPHIC » (for those of you who want a finished backside)

Also, here's a little something I designed a while back to photograph some customs in. (The custom heads are thanks to Valkfan, they're amazing). Interior Ark plates so you can assemble your own scenes or line a display case for your Transformers.

Attached is a link to several different plates that you can print out on an 11x17 format and spray-mount to foam core board and they make decent Ark background plates.

They're scaled for Alternators, but I guess you could scale them by 50% and use them for G1 or Classics.

Here are some shots with the Ark plates:

http://x4.ofgraphicdesign.com/projects/ratchet_ironhide/finals/ark_ratchet_ironhide.jpg

http://x4.ofgraphicdesign.com/projects/ratchet_ironhide/finals/ark_ratchet_ironhide2.jpg

http://x4.ofgraphicdesign.com/projects/ratchet_ironhide/finals/tb_ironhide_ratchet.jpg

HERE ARE THE HIGH-RES PRINTABLE ARK FILES FOR DOWNLOAD »

And by popular demand, I've started a Nemesis interior set of plates, with an all-new design (I couldn't just recolor the Ark plates).
HERE ARE THE FIRST 8 NEMESIS PLATES:
DOWNLOAD NEMESIS BACKGROUND PLATE #1 »
DOWNLOAD NEMESIS BACKGROUND PLATE #2 »
DOWNLOAD NEMESIS BACKGROUND PLATE #3 »
DOWNLOAD NEMESIS BACKGROUND PLATE #4 »
DOWNLOAD NEMESIS BACKGROUND PLATE #5 »
DOWNLOAD NEMESIS BACKGROUND PLATE #6 »
DOWNLOAD NEMESIS BACKGROUND PLATE #7 w/ screen A »
DOWNLOAD NEMESIS BACKGROUND PLATE #8 w/ screen B »
DOWNLOAD NEMESIS BACKGROUND PLATE #10 w/ window A »
DOWNLOAD NEMESIS BACKGROUND PLATE #10 w/ window B »

• Like 1

Dude, I'm totally displaying my Classics on this. Thanks for sharing. :clap

Wait til you see the Teletraan-I mainframe finished.

It's REALLY rough right now, about 30% done, I've got to finish the layout, lay in all the detail work, then weather it (it's REALLY old and damaged, so it will have repair plates and Earth-modifications -- thanks to the Witwicky family -- and the screens will be filled in with either photography, comic art, or schematics, not sure yet).

The biggest problem is finding a decent reference for Teletraan. It was never drawn the same way, but some of the basic structural elements are always there. Perhaps it transforms itself? Mine will have the iconic bits, then some "artistic" license to fill in the gaps.

Of course, the grid/score lines aren't in, and I'm not really sure if I'm loving the current layout, but you'll see screens and larger pieces that will help me get a rough layout so I can flesh it out from there.

I took care to weather the flat plates and add depth to it so they photograph better and don't really look flat. I hope they're the right color, I tried my best at getting an average of the yellows/oranges from the show's screengrabs. It's also nice that you can print out as many as possible and arrange them differently, depending on your layout. Of course, Teletraan-I will fit in seamlessly with them when it's done.

Don't forget to post photos as you take them, I'd love to see how they work for people.

Here's a W-I-P screenshot:

teletraan_I_rough1.jpg

Very nice. I wouldn't mind it if you left the screens that nice blue color. We could always add our own images, even without too much Photoshop skill. I, personally, would like some map or diagram like this rather than any comic or show images/photography.

Seeing this makes me realize how poor the Autobots were at decorating. "Should it we paint it ALL yellow-orange? You don't think that would be too much, a single color over every surface?"

Seeing this makes me realize how poor the Autobots were at decorating. "Should it we paint it ALL yellow-orange? You don't think that would be too much, a single color over every surface?"

At least they decorated frequently, the damn thing changes from episode to episode. If only they could get their human friends to stop dressing like Oil Rig workers 24/7. Their Earth friends aren't helping them out any with their taste in style.

I'm actually adding in some gray panels, and may make some plates removable so you can take off the covers and see more detailed electronics/wiring underneath.

Kind of like the Marvel Legend's Sentinel's wiring.

Very nice. I wouldn't mind it if you left the screens that nice blue color. We could always add our own images, even without too much Photoshop skill. I, personally, would like some map or diagram like this rather than any comic or show images/photography.

Yeah, I'm planning on making some of the panels a little more "updated" if you will... at least graphically. I know they're ancient robotic life forms, but if they're complex enough to be living robots with detailed circuitry and optics, you'd think they could do better than Tron graphics.

I have a really cool shot of the Oregon desert that I may use for some pieces.

I did want items to feel more "real world" than cartoon, which is why I would like to maybe put some photographs in there as well.

I really dig the "Alternated Masterpiece" work by Alex Milne, I included that in the Ark panels.

Good thing is, you can rotate them and arrange them in various ways, so someone CAN wallpaper their display case if they want.

If I have time, I'd like to do a Nemesis purple display panel. I could always just adjust the colors and tada, Takara, instant repaint appeal.

ttran_samples.jpg

Here are the main references I am using, they're the most detailed, complete, and consistent with each other (the one you showed with Bumblebee is a good reference too... I pulled that for reference, but these show more of the bits of the "technology" used... I use that term loosely).

As you can see, none of the displays are ever consistent, so I'm trying to make really detailed, paneled electronics interfaces that look cool and somehow make sense as to their location, and why they may be needed at all. How do they input data? Would they have keys, or some sort of jack/port? Or both? Well, I'm planning on including both, just in case.

Note, the panels will fold, so they won't all be on the same surface. And there will be at least 3 pieces that mount to the top display area, specifically the center console thing that looks like it may split up into different keyboards. At least that's what I'm planning on putting there, something akin to keyboards.