Director Uwe Boll Challenges Bay to Boxing Match Showdown

MISP Steve

mr. bay, please don't get into other nonsense and just finish the movie for us, PLEASE :win

Hey, are you new guys even reading the previous posts? This is not Bay's message board. Addressing him directly here is a futile effort. Most likely, he considers himself way too important to visit toy forums. Anyway, he's probably far too busy doing this :awsum than surfing TF forums.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK someone please help me out here.....WHO THE FRAKK IS Boll???

I'm a huge movie buff and I have never heard o this guy. What is he? Some geeky hippy director of "Please dont Eat the Cows and Chickens" video for peta or something?

And Boxing... is this guy on meds?????

Uwe Boll's IMDB credits.

And for the record, I've only seen two of his films (Bloodrayne, House of the Dead), and for being four years apart, I saw no difference in the directing between the two. Which is sad, 'cause usually people show some sign of improvement after a few years... :07redface

As for the boxing thing... it's a publicity gimmick of sorts. He beat the hell out of a few of his critics a few years ago, semi-humiliating them. He had challenged them to boxing matches, but failed to tell them he was a fairly good boxer. The critics he met in the ring were not, to put it mildly.

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned the boxing match that Boll was supposed to have on with one of the hosts from G4's Attack of the Show, where he realized he'd be fighting Seanbaby* instead of one of the other hosts, and then declined. For anyone who doesn't know, Seanbaby's an internet comedy writer and critic, who writes a monthly column for Electronic Gaming Monthly, and trains in Muay Thai and jujutsu. Apparently when Boll heard that he'd be fighting someone who's probably more skilled in the ring than he is, and that's when he decided not to go on the show.

Ye know, Boll did this once before to people that hated his movies... and he won. Probably the only victory he's had.

A few years later, people still hate his movies, I for one do (I saw the trailer for his FarCry). He claims hes' better than anybody else and thinks the only way he can prove it is in a boxing match.

iirc he's a pretty accomplished boxer, although he is a farging lolcat.

Also, printed in Electronic Gaming Monthly's November 2006 edition of the section "The Rest of the Crap", written by critic Seanbaby, described Seanbaby's own involvement. Apparently Uwe was going to appear on G4's Attack of the Show! and promote this fight by sparring with one of the hosts. He claims that, "Again, he's [uwe Boll] a matchmaking genius, because everyone on TV's 3-feet tall. If you were watching [AotS] during the time I co-hosted, you might have noticed that I could have leaned over and eaten host Kevin Pereira." A producer of the show then asked if Seanbaby would come and spar in the host's place for the event. Seanbaby says that he trains in Muay Thai and jujutsu, and that, "Boxing is to Fighting what Hungry Hungry Hippos is to fighting..." When Uwe heard of this, he wanted to know Seanbaby's age, height, weight and fighting experience since he "learned he wasn't fighting a midget". After receiving said information, Boll chose not to appear on the program.

:P

Yeah, I was just going to say I thought I'd seen mention of that somewhere... :lol

BTW, I got my "years" mixed up on House of the Dead and Bloodrayne... Bloodrayne actually came out in 2005, but I didn't see it until last summer. Good thing I didn't pay to see it... :puke

As for the boxing thing... it's a publicity gimmick of sorts. He beat the hell out of a few of his critics a few years ago, semi-humiliating them. He had challenged them to boxing matches, but failed to tell them he was a fairly good boxer. The critics he met in the ring were not, to put it mildly.

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned the boxing match that Boll was supposed to have on with one of the hosts from G4's Attack of the Show, where he realized he'd be fighting Seanbaby* instead of one of the other hosts, and then declined. For anyone who doesn't know, Seanbaby's an internet comedy writer and critic, who writes a monthly column for Electronic Gaming Monthly, and trains in Muay Thai and jujutsu. Apparently when Boll heard that he'd be fighting someone who's probably more skilled in the ring than he is, and that's when he decided not to go on the show.

Ye know, Boll did this once before to people that hated his movies... and he won. Probably the only victory he's had.

A few years later, people still hate his movies, I for one do (I saw the trailer for his FarCry). He claims hes' better than anybody else and thinks the only way he can prove it is in a boxing match.

iirc he's a pretty accomplished boxer, although he is a farging lolcat.

Also, printed in Electronic Gaming Monthly's November 2006 edition of the section "The Rest of the Crap", written by critic Seanbaby, described Seanbaby's own involvement. Apparently Uwe was going to appear on G4's Attack of the Show! and promote this fight by sparring with one of the hosts. He claims that, "Again, he's [uwe Boll] a matchmaking genius, because everyone on TV's 3-feet tall. If you were watching [AotS] during the time I co-hosted, you might have noticed that I could have leaned over and eaten host Kevin Pereira." A producer of the show then asked if Seanbaby would come and spar in the host's place for the event. Seanbaby says that he trains in Muay Thai and jujutsu, and that, "Boxing is to Fighting what Hungry Hungry Hippos is to fighting..." When Uwe heard of this, he wanted to know Seanbaby's age, height, weight and fighting experience since he "learned he wasn't fighting a midget". After receiving said information, Boll chose not to appear on the program.

:P

Pretty much.

OK someone please help me out here.....WHO THE FRAKK IS Boll???

I'm a huge movie buff and I have never heard o this guy. What is he? Some geeky hippy director of "Please dont Eat the Cows and Chickens" video for peta or something?

And Boxing... is this guy on meds?????

Uwe Boll's IMDB credits.

And for the record, I've only seen two of his films (Bloodrayne, House of the Dead), and for being four years apart, I saw no difference in the directing between the two. Which is sad, 'cause usually people show some sign of improvement after a few years... :07redface

House of the Dead was actually better than Bloodrayne IMO. It was cheesy zombie action movie fun. Bloodrayne was just a f*cking mess which made absolutely no sense and wasted it's entire cast. Alone in the Dark also made no sense and had little if anything to do with the original game. Considering how inept Boll is when it comes to anything video game/action movie related I can't believe Doom wasn't on his list of low budget flops.

Boll's latest. In the Name of the King A Dungeon Siege Tale. Haven't seen it but it's probably crap and has some of the most unlikely character casting imaginable. A medieval tale featuring Jason Staitham as the hero, Burt Reynolds as the King and Ray Liota as the bad guy. Right. Seriously he should stop making movies and screwing up beloved video game franchises. Not even Simon West f*cked up Tomb Raider nearly as bad as the Z grade crap this guy puts out.

Bay aside Paul W S Anderson (Mortal Combat/Event Horizon/Resident Evil) has long proven himself a more competent director than Boll.

Archived