BotCon 2008 - New Transformers Universe Revealed

Hobbes-timus Prime

So, I'd like to point this out. Legends Jazz is coming out four years after Smallest Jazz. It's several times larger, not as complex, not as accurate to G1, and not as detailed as Smallest Jazz... huh.

Oh, and the whole "Ravage fitting in G1 Soundwave" just made my week. Nay, month.

Oh god, just think... will they make more new-mold cassettes?

I need pictures and I need them NOW.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure to heck hope not

I haven't seen anyone using a cassette in years

I sure to heck hope not

I wouldn't mind a few more if they keep coming packed with larger, cooler figures "vs." style. A Ratbat packed with a Classics Perceptor or a Cybertron Laserbeak packed with that Titanium Cybertron Bumblebee mold...might work, yeah?

I've seen two COE trucks in the past five years.

One was in a junkyard.

... just saying.

And I have seen people using microcassettes still, believe it or not. Real cassettes, not so much, but microcassettes occasionally.

I sure to heck hope not

What's wrong about making TF alt modes from technology of the past? I seem to recall designs of all the TFs in steamtrain/glider alt modes before, and they were awesome. Oh, plus dinosaur TFs are the biological equivalent of outdated technology.

So IMO... just because something is outdated, don't mean there shouldn't be TF alt modes of them.

I've seen two COE trucks in the past five years.

One was in a junkyard.

... just saying.

And I have seen people using microcassettes still, believe it or not. Real cassettes, not so much, but microcassettes occasionally.

:pfx Which is what these are.

Oh snap, that's true. I have plenty of microcassettes lying about. Upon that revelation, I like Hobbes' idea. And "sh*t from the past" is only cool if it's from a time period worth imitating again. Sorry, '80s.

Archived