BotCon 2008 - New Transformers Universe Revealed

Hobbes-timus Prime

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, for seeing them all in person:

Sideswipe: Cool, but why does he come with Sunstreaker's engine intakes?

Sunstreaker: Very cool

Tankor/Octane: Very nice, the giant blade doesn't look near as bad in person

Prowl: Plastic was a little too white. But otherwise excellent figure

Silverstreak/Bluestreak: They got this one dead on :thumb

Ironhide: DANMIT! Why show me this right after I bought the '05 set... :tfmad He does appear to have a flip out barrel that goes over his hand, but it was retracted so can't tell for sure.

Galvatron: WTF?!? Looked so good in the pictures, and in person, he's the size of a large basic! If you have Revoltech Hot Rodimus or either of the MegaSCF Rodimi, he'll look great with them. This line he just doesn't fit in at all.

Onslaught: Fecking win!

Silverbolt: Also fecking win! full of electronicy goodness, will apparently kick off the transformation sound during transformation.

Powerglide: A little awkward looking, but much better looking in person than the original photos that were leaked. The heart thing is classic :tflaugh

Cyclonus: Glad I didn't order that one model kit, this blows that out of the water in every way possible.

Acid Storm: Full of seeker-y goodness :thumb

Hound vs. Ravage: Closest thing we've ever seen to an animation model turned toy for either of them. Ravage actually still transforms into a cassette that will fit in regular Soundwave, you can't beat that.

Springer vs. Ratbat: This set looks totally sweet.

Roadbuster vs. Dirge: Odd choices, but they look OK. Not a MUST buy, but probably will buy.

25th anniversary G1 Prime reissue: voice box symbol is a nice touch, as is the DVD & comic reprint. But... if you've already got any of the reissues, it's a questionable buy.

Toys that were hinted/all-but-confirmed at:

Ratchet

Arcee

Cosmos

Smokescreen

more seeker repaints

Kup (if the line continues to be successful or not)

Ultra Magnus non-prime-repaint is ON HOLD, still in design stages.

No Combiners in design stage at this time, if we do eventually see a new combiner, all parts should be different, no repaints of limbs. But this is a very big if still.

Classics Megatron apparently no longer meets the federal standards for toy guns, and if it was to be done again, would have to be even more garish looking.

Hound vs. Ravage: Closest thing we've ever seen to an animation model turned toy for either of them. Ravage actually still transforms into a cassette that will fit in regular Soundwave, you can't beat that.

I neeeeeed pictures of this yesterday. You hear me, Hasbro! Make pics available soon!

Classics Megatron apparently no longer meets the federal standards for toy guns, and if it was to be done again, would have to be even more garish looking.

Wow...

OK, for seeing them all in person:

Sideswipe: Cool, but why does he come with Sunstreaker's engine intakes?

ROCKET PACK LOL

Galvatron: WTF?!? Looked so good in the pictures, and in person, he's the size of a large basic! If you have Revoltech Hot Rodimus or either of the MegaSCF Rodimi, he'll look great with them. This line he just doesn't fit in at all.

Yeah...still not sold on Dlx. Galvatron. That headsculpt PWNS though. Shame about the arms and legs though. Maybe later on we'll get a larger version of the character, ya know....when they haven't made so many large transforming tanks :roll

Toys that were hinted/all-but-confirmed at:

Ratchet

Nice. This pretty much makes all the previous comments of that not happening null & void.

wat :fail

Guest Helghast

Thanks for the run-down. Cyclonus, Hound vs. Ravage Sound fantastico'. Total bummer on Galvatron. Strange turn of events on Megatron.

They weren't pictured in the Gallery, and they were announced with all the rest of the stuff in this thread, so I'd like to add this:

they showed protos for RH RID OP and Megs.

:awsum

I'm really curious about this Ravage. When you say "regular Soundwave" do you mean the actual G1 toy or the Titanium or what? Is it the aborted Titanium Ravage mold, or something else entirely? Are there any pictures?

I'm really curious about this Ravage. When you say "regular Soundwave" do you mean the actual G1 toy or the Titanium or what? Is it the aborted Titanium Ravage mold, or something else entirely? Are there any pictures?

Everything I've heard says it fits in the original G1 Soundwave (and conceivably Soundblaster) mold in tape mode.

And no pictures, yet.

Archived