BotCon 2008 - New Transformers Universe Revealed

Hobbes-timus Prime

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer Sunstreaker to Sideswipe. Admittedly, I don't like Sunstreaker much either. Something about how the arms look compared to the body... Of course, seeing it properly transformed(Haven't seen a proper transformation for it yet) might make it look better.

For some reason, i'm not liking Ironhide or silverstreak much either. Nor Silverbolt. I wonder why...

I will definately be buying Ultra Magnus. I'm disappointed with Sideswipe since they are reusing the SunStreaker and just painting it black. Hopefully there will be a correction kit like the one Cliffjumper had.

It's a new head.

Thanks Hobbes. In that other picture it looked like they just repainted SS's head.

Is it just me or does the ironhide look like an unused movie mold?

indeed the hands seem very movie ish to me (no gun hole and not a fish shape like most other toys have)

Finally, a clear shot of Ironhide! NICE! I like how they handled his chest with the Autobot insignia behind the windshield...but the lincense plate draws too much attention for some reason...and what's with the Oregon reference? I wanna say Ratchet repaint, too, but my modernized brain won't allow it. If they do a Ratchet...he needs to be an ambulance, not an SUV painted like an ambulance.

agreeing that wouldn't work.

A paramedic on the other hand would work well.

Is it just me or does the ironhide look like an unused movie mold?

his alt mode reminds me of stockade.

ironhide, meh, hopefully he fits together better in vehicle mode then pictured. robot mode is ok, but i still dont think he looks right. he is supposed to look tough and rigid, not like he is wearing his special helmet.

bluestreak or silverstreak, whatever, looks fine.

now, i thought they said they were going to give us a new mold for sideswipe. now im efinantly not buying the brothers, i dont want two of the same crappy mould. if they would have made sideswipe a different, better mold, then i might have picked up streaker just to go with him, but they are both a pass for me.

silverbolt, where do i begin with silverbolt. transformers has taken afew steps forward in the last few years and silverbolt just jumped back to the dark ages. he is horrible. what were they thinking?

so far ill buy prowl and powerglide for sure and just stick to animated and let everyone else have these.

Archived