BotCon 2008 - New Transformers Universe Revealed

Hobbes-timus Prime

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sideswipe and Silverstreak both look better than Sunstreaker and Prowl, respectively. These will be the versions of those molds that I get.

Silverbolt looks like he'll basically be carrying his jet mode around with him on his back. I'd like to see more pictures of him from other angles, but right now I'm thinking pass.

Ironhide makes me want to push buttons that make things explode. Definitely getting him.

I also lack a G1 Optimus Prime so I'll probably be getting this reissue if I can afford it when it comes. The Silverbolt/Megatron Robot Heroes also look cool.

As for Animated, Sentinel Prime and Ultra Magnus are both must-buys. I think I might get the Bumblebee redeco, too, since I'm planning on skipping his regular deluxe version in favour of his Activator. This version doesn't seem to be as plain-looking as his original deco.

I might get Swoop to round out a Dinobot set, but I don't like the way his transformation seems to consist of folding out the winds and folding down the head. That's always a problem with four-limbed Beast-formers, though.

Silverstreak is awesome, and MUST be repainted/retooled into Prowl and Bluestreak. Ironhide's pretty damn cool too. Interesting to see he's essentially the same SUV as movie Stockade, but has a totally different transform.

Prowl is already been seen... Silverstreak is a retool/piant of him.

Silverstreak is awesome, and MUST be repainted/retooled into Prowl and Bluestreak. Ironhide's pretty damn cool too. Interesting to see he's essentially the same SUV as movie Stockade, but has a totally different transform.

And I've never wanted the original mold and the repaints so much in my life. I'm thinking I may have to trim some Animated toys from my wishlist* to keep up with Classics 2.0, as there's not a single new Deluxe mold I don't want so far.

*which may be easier than I think, Sentinel Prime is a tad disappointing.

Silverbolt looks good. It looks like his tranformation is pretty much identical to his G1 counterpart, which means it's pretty simple for a Classics Voyager. I will get him nonetheless, because his jet mode is pretty sweet.

Ironhide looks pretty good. And the Prowl repaint was to be expected.

Shows how much attention I pay to this stuff. :lol

I vaguely remembered seeing a proto of one of the Datsun guys last year, couldn't remember which one it was. Good to see they're already a step ahead of me though. :nuts

Swoop looks like he has a much more complex transformation than I thought. The legs and wings in bird mode are a bit off scale, but he's still very good looking. I'll certainly get him.

Sentinal Prime is another one of those Animated toys where you go all 'where the hell do they leave the shell and how do you hide such a wide chest'. I am constantly in awe on how well these transformations work out.

Ultra Magnus is just plain :awsum

Archived