Beast Wars Classics/Universe

Agent Zero

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, after watching the whole Beast Wars series for the first time (now I'm ready for beast machines) I am so into the whole idea of a classics beast wars release. I loved the show (better than G1) and the characters are so well done.

I can't wait to see how Hasbro will better the transformation and style of cheetor in the classics line. I just hope (like the rest of you) that they don't stop there.

I loved how classics grimlock was done, he's my favorite deluxe from the line. missed out on cyber dinomegatron (key gimmick eew). so with these examples i look forward to a new resurgence in beast wars thru the classics line.

My top pics:

Rattrap (redo based off of the Transmetal mold)

Dinobot

Tigerhawk

Megatron (redo based off of the transmetal mold)

ravage

Optimal Optimus (but make it a real well done quad changer, believable jet and tank mode)

And the fact that Hasbro quoted me in Magmatron's tech specs was major fan-fappage for me. :P (I was also quoted in Tripredacus Agent's tech specs too - more fappage d:) - okay, I'll stop fapping now.

Come again?

I would luv a cybertronian Leo Convoy mode figure.... he rocks!

Lio Convoy (say "Lye-Oh" not "Lee-Oh"). :) And I assume you mean his comic book Cybertronian mode as opposed to his cartoon Cybertronian form - the former being Zoids-esque, which looks wicked. :)

Lio Convoy's Cybertronian form...

150px-Lioconvoy_preformat.jpg180px-Lioconvoy_gathering.jpg

...cartoon (left) & comics (right)

The cartoon one would be neat as a small PVC or candy/gum kit model though, but for a proper TF action figure, I would go with the comic version.

Now that I own him, I would be very pissed if he got released in the US now...

heheh, that's similar to how I felt when Hasbro released Magmatron for the Beast Machines Dinobot line. Well, I wasn't pissed, but I was a bit miffed - but also happy because it meant that people in Hasbro markets could get this toy, and unlike the other BM Dinobots, unmodified from his original form.

And the fact that Hasbro quoted me in Magmatron's tech specs was major fan-fappage for me. :P (I was also quoted in Tripredacus Agent's tech specs too - more fappage d:) - okay, I'll stop fapping now.

Supposedly they wanted to, for the 10th Anniversary Reissue line, but couldn't find the mold.

that's rather odd considering:

1/ how relatively recent BW Metals was (1999)

2/ the mould was reused in 2001 for Tigatron

Not pointing fingers but a few molds from that time went missing after their botcon use (including the original ratrap).

Damn, after watching the whole Beast Wars series for the first time (now I'm ready for beast machines) I am so into the whole idea of a classics beast wars release. I loved the show (better than G1) and the characters are so well done.

I can't wait to see how Hasbro will better the transformation and style of cheetor in the classics line. I just hope (like the rest of you) that they don't stop there.

I loved how classics grimlock was done, he's my favorite deluxe from the line. missed out on cyber dinomegatron (key gimmick eew). so with these examples i look forward to a new resurgence in beast wars thru the classics line.

My top pics:

Rattrap (redo based off of the Transmetal mold)

Dinobot

Tigerhawk

Megatron (redo based off of the transmetal mold)

ravage

Optimal Optimus (but make it a real well done quad changer, believable jet and tank mode)

See... I feel like most of those got great figures already, and don't need a remake. I mean, Optimal Optimus' jet and car modes were awful, but they were show-accurate. I can't think of a reason to remake Transmetal Megs, his original was near-perfect. Rattrap was okay... if underarmed and had upside-down back kibble. Tigerhawk's toy was great, but he was such a minor character he doesn't need an update.

... also, I hate Classics Grimlock. His dino mode is fantastic, but his robot mode is almost nothing but fail.

Archived