Beast Wars Classics/Universe

Agent Zero

I need them to make a Tigatron out of their Classics Cheetor, and I'd like to see the beast head remolded. Also, I feel like Dinobot, Rhinox, and Terrorsaur need proper treatment...otherwise I'm pretty happy with the original Beast Wars figures as is.

You didn't like the Takara 10th Ann. version? I think he's pretty sweet.

Also, agree with Rhinox and Terrorsaur and would like to add the original version of Rattrap because I don't want to pay $60 bucks for a loose one.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need them to make a Tigatron out of their Classics Cheetor, and I'd like to see the beast head remolded. Also, I feel like Dinobot, Rhinox, and Terrorsaur need proper treatment...otherwise I'm pretty happy with the original Beast Wars figures as is.

You didn't like the Takara 10th Ann. version? I think he's pretty sweet.

I think it's probably the best of our options, but it's still got some downsides to it. Plus, I just don't like that mold. Especially the spinny-tail weapon and the way the robot legs hang off the belly of the dino. Ideally, I'd let the robot legs turn into the tail in raptor mode and just give him his thin sword.

I can agree with the "no updates necessary" when it comes to everything with the word "Transmetals" in front of it. But the original BW toys are pathetic IMO.

Well, I think Takara/Hasbro gave us the appropriate upgrades to the original Primal and Megs.

10th Anniversary Waspinator is great.

I think the original Rattrap is totally acceptable...maybe his rat-halves could fold away a little better, but it's a solid representation of the show model as is, IMO.

I prefer the Transmetal version of Tarantulas anyway.

And no one cares about Skorpinok.

I can agree with the "no updates necessary" when it comes to everything with the word "Transmetals" in front of it.

I'd like to see a TM cheetor who could put his hands together in robot mode.

You know that would be awesome.

Plus, I can think of a few TM2 molds that could be redone...

I can agree with the "no updates necessary" when it comes to everything with the word "Transmetals" in front of it. But the original BW toys are pathetic IMO.

Well, I think Takara/Hasbro gave us the appropriate upgrades to the original Primal and Megs.

I think the original Rattrap is totally acceptable...maybe his rat-halves could fold away a little better, but it's a solid representation of the show model as is, IMO.

Of course it is, since Mainframe scanned the original toys to create the show models. :tflaugh That's not the point IMO. Have you taken a good look at BW Cheetor's beast mode lately? Or Dinobot, or.....

Sure these toys are more articulated than G1, but Hasbro was way too much in love with ball joints in the mid-90's and the BW guys all turned into flopformers after like a month.

P.S. nobody cares about Terrorsaur either

Sure these toys are more articulated than G1, but Hasbro was way too much in love with ball joints in the mid-90's and the BW guys all turned into flopformers after like a month.

Mine didn't. :P

Beast Wars didn't really hit their stride until Transmetals rolled around. Until then, they were wildly hit or miss.

Dinobot and Rhinox weren't good molds at all, Terrorsaur and Airazor didn't match his animation model, Scorponok's proportions were completely out of whack, Cheetor/Tigatron's beast mode was fat and unplayable, Inferno sucked...

Some of this can be corrected by modelling them actually after the show appearance, some can be fixed by reengineering the toy... but to be honest, of these, I can only see them bothering with Cheetor, and maybe Dinobot. I don't even think Rhinox is popular enough to warrent a new figure. He's no Hot Shot, that's for sure.

Of course it is, since Mainframe scanned the original toys to create the show models. :tflaugh That's not the point IMO. Have you taken a good look at BW Cheetor's beast mode lately? Or Dinobot, or.....

P.S. nobody cares about Terrorsaur either

Yep, that's what I was getting at. The original BW toys were show accurate, but that doesn't change the inherent limitations of the molds.

Basically I would like to see BW characters get the same upgrade that the 10th Ann. Deluxe Megs and Primal got. Entirely new molds.

Archived