Beast Wars Classics/Universe

Agent Zero

So I was thinking....Hasbro's keeping the Classics line as a subset of Universe. So basically any Universe toys that are meant as updates to G1 characters will in all likelihood be sold under the Classics subset of the Universe line.

That also opens the Universe line up to a lot of other possibilities though, especially involving Beast Wars. I was thinking they could start a Beast Wars subset of the Universe line and give the classic Beast Wars characters the Classics treatment.

Then I remembered they did this for Primal and Megs for the 10th Anniversary line....

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php...e=0&start=0

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php...e=0&start=0

So how what would your thoughts be on a Universe Beast Wars line that gave that same treatment to the rest of the Beast Wars cast? Megs and Primal would essentially be reissues of the above toys, but the rest of the line would be filled with Beast Wars characters given the same Classics-esq treatment.

Just an idea I had. Thought? Opinions? Ideas?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an interesting idea, and there's a few BW guys I wouldn't mind seeing getting new molds, but.. I dont feel it's anywhere near as necessary. Most BW guys still hold up as actually being GOOD TOYS.. whereas most of G1 is by todays standards, atrocious. I think they benefit from the "upgrade" a lot more. I'd probably buy'em if they made'em though.

I can see them reissuing the 10th Anniversary Primal and Megatron figures, or possibly importing their Robot Masters versions. Updated versions of characters that never got decent toys would also be nice (i.e. Blackarachnia) but a lot of the BW toys really don't have a whole lot of room to improve.

Botcon announced today that Cheetor will be in the Universe line.

Botcon announced today that Cheetor will be in the Universe line.

Can't wait to see this. But do we know if its beast wars or beast machines?

The way i see this going is applying the same improvments and style to the beast wars line as they did with G1. As in more realistic alt/beast modes and still keeping the robot mode very similar to the original.

It's an interesting idea, and there's a few BW guys I wouldn't mind seeing getting new molds, but.. I dont feel it's anywhere near as necessary. Most BW guys still hold up as actually being GOOD TOYS.. whereas most of G1 is by todays standards, atrocious.

:pfx let'm get a few years older before you make them classics... there is still a lot of g1 to cover classically

I need them to make a Tigatron out of their Classics Cheetor, and I'd like to see the beast head remolded. Also, I feel like Dinobot, Rhinox, and Terrorsaur need proper treatment...otherwise I'm pretty happy with the original Beast Wars figures as is.

Archived