"Classics 1.0" Smokescreen

Guest Buck Bailey

Guest Buck Bailey

I know what you're thinking: that Crosswise mold? Snoresville man! It's all over the place! This horse has been flogged to death and flogged again, sir, and it was ugly to begin with. Quarterpanels are hanging off the poor guy's arse, his shoulder-doors are silly, and he's got yet another tedious, kibbley shield. Or does he?

2421523209_2689a8cfd3.jpg

2422301404_b59cc7a4da.jpg

What sorcery is this?! you are undoubtedly asking. Here's how it works:

2422301908_7979f681d8.jpg

That's two medium double ball joints and an h-joint on the roof/windscreen. If I had it to do over I'd swivel the hood on his back so that the outside is showing; but a lot of stock bots have open, busted backs clearly not meant to be seen, so I'm not too upset. I still intend to fill in the gap in the left arm where the shield/hood attached originally. Smokescreen is a test-run; next version will have a Jazz head and hopefully a lower, more slavishly G1 angle on the door wings.

Guest Buck Bailey
Nice! What did you do with the cattle-prods that normally hang off his ass?

They're tacked on his doors, which they normally sit under in alt mode.

I was gonna say something tongue and cheek like

"best turd polishing evar"

but this is a really good work and honestly, more of an improvement than the mold deserves

keep it up

Not bad. I'd almost do this with my Smokescreen (and the Crosswise I turned into Bluestreak) but with U2 Prowl coming out soon, I figure we'll get an official Smokescreen soon enough.

On the other hand, I may just strip all the paint off that Crosswise and make him into Jackpot. Because really. Jackpot!

Archived