Added Alternators RX-8 arm articulation!

Valkfan

Hello all. This is an idea I've had for some time but I kept putting it off in favor of my custom heads. Well, it's finally done and I just wanted to share it with the fandom. I've made these parts out of resin and the ball joint easily plugs into the arms where the pin has been removed. And yes, these are available upon request.

post-7811-1208241284_thumb.jpg

post-7811-1208241322_thumb.jpg

post-7811-1208241363_thumb.jpg

Nice mod, the RX-8 (as well as most of the other alternators) suffer due to the poor articulation in their arms, as I have discovered while trying to organise them into a battle scene (I know, I need to get out more...)

Any shots of the joints themselves?

Great work Valkfan! I'm definitely among the crowd of those who desire more alt arm articulation. So it's basically a ball joint that replaces the upper hinge?

I may be wrong, but it looks like a double-ended ball post to me, possible curved.

So it's basically a ball joint that replaces the upper hinge?

Bingo! That's exactly what it is. Originally, I tried to connect two seperate pieces but the stress at that location kept breaking the bond. I was successful when I melted it together but it wasn't easy on the eye's. Then I made this particular part and recasted it. I have mass produced them and have used dye to make them all black so there's no need for painting them. If anyone wants a set AND they're ready to get them, just PM me with your request. I'm probably going to make a similar set for my Impreza Bumblebee and of course, I'll make them available to everyone else as I do with most of my custom parts.

Archived