Premium Barricade & Jazz: not worth it

Pascal

Probably won't see these at all in Spain. Our distribution has been ok so far when it comes to movie figures but normally we get F**K all. Shame as I realy want Megs, Prime and BB. Maybe a Barricade to put strobing lights in Jin style.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, I really haven't been to into any of the figures, aside from maybe the Best Buy exclusives. Oddly, saw Premium Ironhide and Blackout at Walmart about a month ago, and they didn't look any different from the original versions. Even the mini scorpinok figure was unpainted, and I had to check a couple times to even make sure they WERE the premium figures (but they were. They had the metallic "Premium" strip on the box) I didn't know what the deal was. Then today I saw the same to figures at a Target and for some reason, they look much, much better than I remember them being when I originally saw them.

I also saw a Premium Jazz, but wasn't too turned on by it either. The paint does look like some cheap attempt at a metallic look, and for some reason, he had weird black splotches in a few areas, so I decided to pass on him. The only premium figures I'll probably pick up are Bee (just because I love the mold) and Prime.

So far, I really haven't been to into any of the figures, aside from maybe the Best Buy exclusives. Oddly, saw Premium Ironhide and Blackout at Walmart about a month ago, and they didn't look any different from the original versions. Even the mini scorpinok figure was unpainted, and I had to check a couple times to even make sure they WERE the premium figures (but they were. They had the metallic "Premium" strip on the box) I didn't know what the deal was. Then today I saw the same to figures at a Target and for some reason, they look much, much better than I remember them being when I originally saw them.

I'm betting someone bought the Premiums, swapped them with their original figures and returned them to the store.

I also saw a Premium Jazz, but wasn't too turned on by it either. The paint does look like some cheap attempt at a metallic look, and for some reason, he had weird black splotches in a few areas, so I decided to pass on him.

I hadn't seen that, but of the ones I've seen the silver paints scratches look kind of black, maybe this one had worn patches that appeared black. (I doubt they "primered" the silver, but maybe they did).

I saw a bunch of Premium BBs yesterday and the paint jobs were pretty meh. I could even see fingerprints on the hood of some. I wonder if Takara's version will be better.

• 4 weeks later...

Only premium I'm interested in is Deep Space Starscream. The rest of them are :fail

I just picked up Premium Bumblebee today. I like the additional details but the paint application is a bit uneven in places.

What's the head detail like aside from the battle visor. Is there a red spot representing the Autobot logo on his head? That's what I'd like to see.

As for Barricade, I solved the window problem. I swapped out the clear windows from Vers. 1 Barricade and Premium Barricade while holding onto the painted head and shiny "POLICE" lettering with additional paint apps. Then applied some clear finisher to him so that the lettering wouldn't chip and scrape off. I may get the set from Reprolabels just for the little Frenzy flipping the bird. Have all but Premium Bumblebee.

Well, I just purchased Premium Bumblebee online, realizing the fact it's better to pay a little bit of an upped price (four bucks over MSRP ain't too bad), rather than waste the time and gas looking for one in store.

And with that my Movie series is done. On to Animated.

I just saw that Jazz today. I really think these premium figs are cool, but I do kinda agree. Their not really worth it if you already have em cause they look the same. But premium Megs is another story.... :D

Archived