My Trans Scanning Prime review

Pascal

Btw, it's possible to form the truck separately from the core body but there was a bunch of parts left over. And the truck isn't super sturdy without the core body inside.

W00t I got mine today!! :clap :clap :clap

FYI, the core body is just under 5" tall (that's about 12 cm).

He comes with two sets of hands -- open and fisty/gun-holding.

He has CRAZY articulation -- eight joints in one leg alone. (edit: oops, I mean nine.) But you can pick that up from the images.

And now to spend the next hour figuring him out. :blueface

Jesus $@^$@#& Christ it's an hour later and I just finished transforming him :blueface

do NOT buy him if you don't want a challenge of epic proportions -- it's like trying to squeeze two pounds of Jello into a one-pound box.

The truck mode looks really nice though :blueface :blueface which is good since that is how he shall stay for all time

One more thought and then I'll be done, I promise...

It's really amazing that this thing works at all. Yeah it's got kibble out the wazoo, but there's a ton of engineering that went into it. I've got him on my shelf in truck mode -- which is definitely the best looking mode out of all of them -- and he looks great. So, cool.

What is the size of the Truck mode compared to say Movie Ironhide..

I think that if I wasnt after him before I am now.. Though he will probably be my Movie Wreck Gar.. you know shifitng forms when injured/feels the need FILM AT 11... Hell he has a toilet and a microwave/tv in the back!

OH AND THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP PETE!

The truck is almost exactly 14 cm long. I don't have movie Ironhide so I can't do a size comparison, but the truck is very displayable in a small amount of space.

And I think I figured out what I'm going to do -- the truck parts all fit together without the robot inside, and it's a hell of a lot easier to get it all together that way as well. So I have the truck on the shelf, with the protoform robot standing beside it. :rock

FYI the pictures I've seen show the kibble more kibble-y than it needs to be. Prime's truck roof / butt flap actually isn't a butt flap - it swings up to peg onto his back. And the shell halves on his back can be moved back a bit as well.

One thing to watch out for is these little protrusions on the top of his shin pieces -- I've stressed the plastic on them by pushing on them without realizing it, as I was trying to get him into Parts Truck mode. Not that I can figure out the purpose of said protrusions -- the pointy blue knee guards attach to the knees.

Archived