JizaiToys "TF knock-offs", Where can Jizaitoys be bought/ordered?

pathfinder74

Where can one get a Jizaitoys figure/model? Particularly the one that "looks" like Powerglide, but the others made by JizaiToys as well?

080223.jpg

I've seen prices quoted between <$200-$500... but haven't heard where they can be bought at either price.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think I need to shoo away trollers... feel free to read this thread to get your fill of the potential arguments this might bring up.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where can one get a Jizaitoys figure/model? Particularly the one that "looks" like Powerglide, but the others made by JizaiToys as well?

I've seen prices quoted between <$200-$500... but haven't heard where they can be bought at either price.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think I need to shoo away trollers... feel free to read this thread to get your fill of the potential arguments this might bring up.

Ebay Ebay Ebay...or move to China. Powerglide has not been released yet as there was a severe snow storm the day that Jizaitoys was going to release it at a convention.

I have not seen a Cyclonus or Wheelie on Ebay for some time though...I just searched today...nothing.

oops...here

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-Movie-Han...1QQcmdZViewItem

no cyclonus though

Ebay Ebay Ebay...

That Wheelie is even cooler than the ones on the Jizaitoys page. Nice metallic paint job.

What keywords do you use to find those?

I saved a search with email alerts for Jizaitoys. I guess I need to make a few more searches...

I should point out, that what Jizai Toys does actually isn't a "knock-off". Most Knock-Offs are produced by previous methods of tooling; and usually in mass amounts. (I.E. The new "Reissues" that are popping up, and most of what you find at Big-Lots.)

What Jizai Toys does, is known as a "Garage Kit". They're often designed and sculpted from the ground up, and released in very limited numbers(which explains the prices.)

Aoi

I'd just search for the character names in the title & description. There may be a couple of pages, but there's not that many Powerglides on eBay.

(Go for misspellings too - you may get a cheap deal!)

What keywords do you use to find those?

I saved a search with email alerts for Jizaitoys. I guess I need to make a few more searches...

Usually I find them under "homemade" or "Custom" wheelie/cyclonus. The seller is usually from China. I do not believe I have seen a "Jizaitoys" listing, but I might be wrong. Hope this helps.

I should point out, that what Jizai Toys does actually isn't a "knock-off". Most Knock-Offs are produced by previous methods of tooling; and usually in mass amounts. (I.E. The new "Reissues" that are popping up, and most of what you find at Big-Lots.)

What Jizai Toys does, is known as a "Garage Kit". They're often designed and sculpted from the ground up, and released in very limited numbers(which explains the prices.)

Aoi

Right, and these are licensed by Takara, making them perfectly legal official-unofficial TF's. There's no copyright infringement involved here whatsoever IIRC - they're actually sanctioned.

Why don't you start another thread if you care that much? (Both of you!)

don't you have to paint these yourselves? I thought I read that about the wheelie/cyconlus molds. That thought fills me with dread.

don't you have to paint these yourselves? I thought I read that about the wheelie/cyconlus molds. That thought fills me with dread.

I believe they come in these colors, I believe they use dye during the molding process to get basic colors. To go all metallic, like the ebay link, you have to paint yourself.

post-11202-1207140404_thumb.jpg

Archived