Spotlight Grimlock

Drewbie

The ads in Devistation 6 and Mirage both went out of their way to emphasis that there would be TWO spotlight issues in march: Mirage and Grimlock.

The solits for April 2 are out, and Grimlock is nowhere to be seen. Why bother to hype it if they couldn't deliver?

You're not new to the comic scene are you? Delays happen constantly. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get released until May

I know they're common. ;)

But they made such a big deal in the ads about Mirage being ONE of TWO spotlight issues in MARCH that I figured they were ready to go. As far as I know, no one was really demanding a second one, it was a surprise to everyone. So...why?

It sucks doesn't it, all this excitement about a double spotlight month, then Chris Ryall mentioned in his blog that it (Grimlock) probably won't be ready until April :/ And, Focus on: Decepticons has been delayed also. I know delays happen, but the double Spotlight thing was something I guess I thought they would have had sorted. At least we have a Spotlight to read for April I suppose.

• 4 weeks later...

The ROFLs come from the Ad in the Grimlock Spotlight that says that Mirage is the other spotlight for March...

btw, Spotlight Grimlock was ok if you like a big pointless fight, but not if you like the word bubbles to not be cut off by the top and sides of the page.

yeah, that kinda sucked. I hoped I'd just gotten a bad copy.

Furman says this is the set up for a mini called "Maximum Dinobots" coming later this year, and that it will include Hunter/Sunstreaker.

I'm a bit confused on where this fits in continuity with the end of Devistation though. We haven't got a resolution to Skorpinok busting in on Hunter yet, have we?

does anyone else get a slight borg vibe when it comes to the fact that dante is essentaully little more then a living disimbodied head brain spinal column and nervous system built into a completely robotic cyberneticly animated body?

i actually get a slight brainmaster vibe when it comes to idw's take on the headmaster technology and the fact that dante only forms the face and brain portion of scorponoks head

Devastation. Scorponok.

I wouldn't say that the fight was pointless, but I also had the same problem with speech bubbles getting cut off from page misalignment. I thought the story was okay but the issue was marred by some simple errors and odd inconsistencies.

There's one panel where what looks to me to be Grimlock's line is coming out from Scorponok. And the colouring is inconsistent and just odd in other spots.

Why does Scorponok have a purple head?

Grimlocks eyes are red, but in the montage where he's using his sword to deflect shots there's one moment where his eyes go blue. Grimlock has red hands (which really look BAD IMO but that was something carried over from previous continuity, so I can accept it) but on the last page of the story (after he beams aboard the Skyfire) his hands are black! The colourists must be great magicians!

(aww, we can't imbed video links anymore?)

Devastation. Scorponok.

I wouldn't say that the fight was pointless, but I also had the same problem with speech bubbles getting cut off from page misalignment. I thought the story was okay but the issue was marred by some simple errors and odd inconsistencies.

There's one panel where what looks to me to be Grimlock's line is coming out from Scorponok. And the colouring is inconsistent and just odd in other spots.

Why does Scorponok have a purple head?

Grimlocks eyes are red, but in the montage where he's using his sword to deflect shots there's one moment where his eyes go blue. Grimlock has red hands (which really look BAD IMO but that was something carried over from previous continuity, so I can accept it) but on the last page of the story (after he beams aboard the Skyfire) his hands are black! The colourists must be great magicians!

(aww, we can't imbed video links anymore?)

did you remember to enable html?

also, yea, idw was really rushed on this issue for some reason, i can't believe it went to retail with that cut out panel. hopefully they'll release a fixed copy. they've been in a bit of a funk lately JMO with the transformers comics. alot of the art in devastation seemed rushed. hopefully they'll resolve their issues for Starscream's Reign and All Hail Megatron

Archived