Animated Starscream

Devil Mazinkaiser

Can't wait for these to flood the pegs of Target/WalMarts.

Starscream might be my first attempt at a minor customization... while it would detract from the fact that it's based on the animated look, his face begs to be changed... IMHO.

But these figures are pretty sweat. Star Scream and Megatron (EM) will be the first purchases.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't wait for these to flood the pegs of Target/WalMarts.

Starscream might be my first attempt at a minor customization... while it would detract from the fact that it's based on the animated look, his face begs to be changed... IMHO.

But these figures are pretty sweat. Star Scream and Megatron (EM) will be the first purchases.

I don't think EM Megatron is coming out right away. He's not listed with waves one, two, or three....

I don't think EM Megatron is coming out right away. He's not listed with waves one, two, or three....

Are the tentative figure listings for each wave set in stone? I would think the response to certain episodes would possibly have some bearing on how much sooner or later a certain figure might be released.

Mind you I'm just talking out of my [insert appropriate TFans.com alternative for ass here] and know nothing about how they choose to release any of their figures, but I would think Megatron would take precedence over My Little Pony Girl or Meltdown... not that there are any rumors of those ever becoming figures, but they were show in the episodes prior to The Rise of Megatron, if that's how they determine the order of figure releases...

Hey there been lurking around here for a few months.

I just wanted to say that's a fantastic mod, but I'd suggest you coat your cannon barrels with some matte finish. I've got an animated Bulkhead (Starscream too! Voyager Prime coming in next week! YAY!) that I detailed a little more (he's missing some paint in the grooves along his arm and the detailing on his elbows as well as the black around his eyes) and spraying on some krylon matte finish really makes the figure look more *animated* plus the original matte coating is a little uneven in some spots.

Just a suggestion. Again, fantastic mod, sir.

That's actually a great suggestion! :)

The camera flash makes it look a little more glossy then it seems in person, but it could definitely use more of a matte finish.

I don't have Bulkhead yet, but I have Voyager Prime. He is one of the best in the line, IMO... right next to Starscream. :)

The only paint I has to add to Prime was to the yellow rack lights on the top of his chest. They didn't paint them on the final production run of the figure. He also lacks an autobot symbol, so I had to add a silver one on the top of his vehicle mode - just between the blue lights.

By the way - welcome to the boards!

Are the tentative figure listings for each wave set in stone? I would think the response to certain episodes would possibly have some bearing on how much sooner or later a certain figure might be released.

Mind you I'm just talking out of my [insert appropriate TFans.com alternative for ass here] and know nothing about how they choose to release any of their figures, but I would think Megatron would take precedence over My Little Pony Girl or Meltdown... not that there are any rumors of those ever becoming figures, but they were show in the episodes prior to The Rise of Megatron, if that's how they determine the order of figure releases...

I think the figure listings are pretty much confirmed, at least for the first waves. I got my figures at a specialty store here. They cost a little more than retail but not that much, a little under US$10 extra for both the voyagers and deluxe figures.

I actually think they look awesome, just a few steps away from being specialty design toys but with real playability. Plus the show accuracy of the ones that I currently have on hand is kinda mind-blowing and the articulation is top-notch. Bulkhead is REALLY show accurate. But as with all mass-market toys from Hasbro, they need a little touching up in the paint department. Jin Saotome's painting guide really helped me out when I painted these things and they look really classy and expensive with a more consistent coat of matte finish.

Sorry for the long post, this is the first line of Transformers that I've been genuinely excited about for a long time. I mean, the movie toys were great, but I feel that these are just short of being little pieces of art :D

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this (was directed to look at this from the Megatron mod thread) and I just wanted to say thank you for showing the blaster gimmick. I just knew those blasters had to come forward and the panels on his arm did something. It drove me nuts not knowing, so thank you.

• 1 month later...

What are those other blaster pieces from? And BTW nice job.

Extra G1 'Screamer missiles, apparently. I prefer the "Bullet Bill" (if you don't know, it's a Super Mario Bros enemy) look of the missiles, but this still looks sweet! :tfgrin And the Movie line was mostly works of art IMHO, save for some, such as Bonecrusher (he hates me now...) and Barricade (stupid punch gimmick...).

Archived