More Than Meets The Eye G1 Profile Books

masterminicon

I was on Amazon looking for some TF TPBs and found out that the DW MTMTE profile books will be re-relased by IDW in two volume TPBs later this year.

Volume 1 (Sept 25, 2008)

Volume 2 (Dec 25, 2008)

I pre-ordered mine last night when I found them.

Kinda weird considering those books are specific to the Dreamwave continuity.

Kinda weird considering those books are specific to the Dreamwave continuity.

Well, don't forget that IDW did re-release some of the other TPBs produced by DW (Gen 1 Vols 1-3 and WWi Vols 1 and 2). Megatron Origin was an idea that was in the works when DW still had the license and had some reimagining to support both the DW continuity and the IDW continuity. If whats left of DW is able to get their affairs in order, IDW could theoretically finish up WWi and Energon since they went unfinished because of their problems.

So in essence, no, it's not really all that weird. It also gives those who couldn't get them when they came out under DW to get them now.

I was on Amazon looking for some TF TPBs and found out that the DW MTMTE profile books will be re-relased by IDW in two volume TPBs later this year.

Volume 1 (Sept 25, 2008)

Volume 2 (Dec 25, 2008)

Meh, I got all 8 volumes with DW put them out. Since IDW seems to be ramping up DW re-releases, I wanna ask one thing:

When (if ever) will they continue the War Within arc? :tfmad TF stories without humans = WIN

Volume 1 (Sept 25, 2008)

Volume 2 (Dec 25, 2008)

Meh, I got all 8 volumes with DW put them out. Since IDW seems to be ramping up DW re-releases, I wanna ask one thing:

When (if ever) will they continue the War Within arc? :tfmad TF stories without humans = WIN

There's a very good chance War Within will go uncontinued. Every title that was held by DW is currently held due to legal issues with their bankruptcy claim. Once affairs are set in order, there are rumors that IDW will finish up the story. Since both Don and Simon have done TF stuff with IDW, and since they're the ones who put out the first story, they could keep the art style the same so as not to throw off the style, but they could fix it up to enable it to lead into how thing in Stormbringer came about. Then we have a choesive story.

Again, IDW finishing it once DW's affairs are set in order is just a rumor.

I don't want War Within to be part of IDW continuity. But maybe that's just me.

It's a little late for that. If you look at the characters in Megatron Origin, Stormbringer and some of the Spotlight issues (namely Shockwave with the designs or the Dinobots which are identical to their design in War Within), a lot of the designs evoke War Within designs maybe with a few modifications, the most being on Prime and Megatron's designs. So in other words, technically Megatron Origin was meant to be a lead into War Within and in a lot of ways, it still is. It ends with Sentinal Prime's death, and War Within starts with said event, though the timeline may be a little different.

I know the designs are the same-ish.

But I don't really want the plot/history from WW in IDW. I didn't like it that much.

Which didn't you like. War Within or IDW's continuity?

Archived