Will MP Grim meet expectations?

Kurosaki Ichigo

Will MP Grim meet expectations?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will MP Grimlock meet our expectations and the standards of the MP ine?

• Yes, Grimlock will be a worthy addition to the MP series.
    • Nope, he's gonna fall short.
    • Grimlock will be the best of the MP line yet, exceeding expectations.

To my knowledge it is still pure speculation, and personally I don't think he would be that good of a choice for the MP line. I'm sure it won't disappoint if it does indeed see the light of day though. Don't get me wrong, cool ass character, but with the exception of articulation the original was a very nice true to show toy. Either way I'm a little OCD about the MP line, so nothing will keep me from buying it if it is to be the next. It is time (based off the previous schedule) for a new MP to start rearing its head. Waits impatiently for new MP info.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love an MP Soundwave... with MP cassettes.

Drool...

Maybe they could actually make a 1/1 scale Soundwave and make him a cassette player, and not microcassettes.

I do not foresee this happening, mind you. Like Grimlock, Soundwave's G1 figure was very toon-accurate, and like Grimlock he's recieved a very good update recently (Music Label for Soundwave, Animated for Grimlock. Classics Grimlock can s my d.)

Drool...

Maybe they could actually make a 1/1 scale Soundwave and make him a cassette player, and not microcassettes.

I do not foresee this happening, mind you. Like Grimlock, Soundwave's G1 figure was very toon-accurate, and like Grimlock he's recieved a very good update recently (Music Label for Soundwave, Animated for Grimlock. Classics Grimlock can s my d.)

classics grimlock > tfa grimlock x 9001

other than that i completely agree. what about some insecticon love eh? :P

nah, personally, i'd like to see an mp megatron done up as a tank. a figure of that size with that amount of engineering i'm sure they could go absolutely crazy with a tank. i'd be up for a masterpiece blackout too >_> just some kind of military vehicle. warpath perhaps? anything but a carformer or a beast wars style beast former would make me happy i think.

Drool...

classics grimlock > tfa grimlock x 9001

other than that i completely agree. what about some insecticon love eh? :P

nah, personally, i'd like to see an mp megatron done up as a tank. a figure of that size with that amount of engineering i'm sure they could go absolutely crazy with a tank. i'd be up for a masterpiece blackout too >_> just some kind of military vehicle. warpath perhaps? anything but a carformer or a beast wars style beast former would make me happy i think.

*Prays for MP Cheetor*

when it comes to Grimlock toys in my eyes classic ranks right up there with Beast Wars and RiD grimlock. Garbage.

and I don't want to sound like I pilling on one guy but MP Megatron as a tank is an oxymoron. Leader class Brawl seems like he fits what you are looking for.

He'll probably be out of my price range. There, thats my expectation.

Not to be a dick or anything, but to my knowledge, this has in no way been verified. I would absolutely love an MP Grimlock and would pre-order instantly (like I just did w/ the new BTs), but until I see something, ie test shot, sketches, pre-order from a reputable store, I can't get excited.

To answer your question though, if they stay true to the MP line and do what they have done w/ all the other molds/figures, then I would think MP Grimmy would kick ass. I am thinking he would have to be at least as tall as Prime and Megs to fit in. No more midget MPs (Starscream).

Aren't the new BT's just remakes of some of the early ones? Don't we already have two Smokescreens and two Jazz/Meisters as it is?

No, MP Grimlock, if he's ever made, won't meet expectations. Why? The fandom is fickle. All fandoms are fickle.

If they make him a perfect representation of the G1 character, then some will Starscream about him being scientifically incorrect. If they make his T-Rex mode scientifically accurate then some will Starscream about him not being G1 accurate.

If they give him blue eyes, people will complain about him not having red eyes. If they give him red eyes people will complain about him not having blue eyes.

I have no doubt that a MP Grimlock would be an amazing figure, regardless of the direction they decide to go. Will it meet expectations though? No. Because people will always find something to Starscream about.

Oh, and Classics Grimlock PWNS U ALL!

then some will Starscream about him being scientifically incorrect.

Hey! I only complain about that in Jurassic Park movies :07laugh

edit: :tfevil

Archived