G1 redux

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

Well, I like the idea of Grimlock (and indeed the other Dinobots) towering over the regular Transformers. Thats my only gripe with Classic Grim, hes a bit small.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm, he'd probably tower over everyone else though...

Longarm's vehicle mode does the trick but robot mode looks nothing like him. I use movie Longarm because of his colour and his chest is a similar shape to Kup. He needs a new head mind.

I was also thinking about Animated Grimlock, but I dont really like the scoop mouth. Might wait for masterpiece

1 - Actually the TRU Voyager class is only slightly bigger than a voyager.

2 - Yes the Bot mode is slightly off (HEAD and CHEST), but a little Apoxy Putty will fix that.

3 - I personally agree that Grimlock should be larger than the average TF...this is seen in G1 cartoon. MP Grimlock...I was unaware but now excited!

I was messing about with Energon Rodimus and I took Cybertron Clocker's pipes and mounted them on his shoulders (theres a place to slot them in on the back. So there I go, i now have a classic Rodimus Prime. :)

I'd be interested in seeing this, because I'm looking at my E. Rodimus and I'm not seeing it...

I'll post pics of Rodi when I can. Its not a brilliant conversion by any means but I think it does the job.

Oh and I meant to say I use movie Landmine for Kup, (not Longarm)

1599657.jpg

41EKDCTSJQL._AA280_.jpg

I think his chest is a similar shape. Could use a new head though.

Well I got my TRU Energon Megs in, he's not much taller then Classics/Henkei! Megatron. He's currently standing in as my Classics Galvatron (I've decided on passing on the Universe version, too small for Galvy, IMO). I like the Jin kitbash, but I don't have the skills for that, so I'll leave him as is. Besides, I kind of like the colour scheme (has an Orlando Thunder feel to it) and the space cruiser alt mode.

So Henkei! Megs is taking a break to make room for Galvy. Classics Optimus Prime and Hot Rod are also taking breaks, making room for Rodimus Prime (Energon Rodimus).

I also added Ti 6" Scourge to my 'Con roster, he fits in perfectly. Plus he kind of makes up for a lack of Classics Thundercracker.

Also, I picked up Movie Scout/Basic Crosshairs, he makes for a decent Outback.

I was thinking of repainting Cybertron Hot Shot as Springer. I think he has a certain look to him.

I'll post pics of Rodi when I can. Its not a brilliant conversion by any means but I think it does the job.

Oh and I meant to say I use movie Landmine for Kup, (not Longarm)

I think his chest is a similar shape. Could use a new head though.

Similar look, but I already started bashing my Landmine into a Hound. IMO this is a perfect update to Hounds good-old army jeep. I have been working on Longarm and it will take some time, but in the end I think he'll turn out.

Agent Zero - TRU Energon Megs colors are actually very similar to the original Toy Galvatrons colors. If you don't mind me asking, what was the damage to your wallet on that one?

Agent Zero - TRU Energon Megs colors are actually very similar to the original Toy Galvatrons colors. If you don't mind me asking, what was the damage to your wallet on that one?

Yeah, it's the similarity to the original toy's colour scheme that won me over in the end. All in all, a great figure.

I got him from BBTS for $35 American plus shipping, but that was without the packaging or the tank accessory (which is fine, because I don't keep packaging, and I was probably going to throw the tank in storage anyway).

I got him from BBTS for $35 American plus shipping, but that was without the packaging or the tank accessory (which is fine, because I don't keep packaging, and I was probably going to throw the tank in storage anyway).

Great Deal...I was watching them for months to get one in...but I got suckered by a Buyit now on Ebay since no one else had it.

Teh INTERNETS ^_^ - Energon Hotrod would make a nice Springer. I went with a Cybertron Defense Hot shot repaint from Botcon:

http://seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=...e=0&start=0

Someday I will repaint him, maybe actually turn him into a triple changer.

The botcon one is nice, but his alt mode doesnt exactly yell Springer to me. At least the car one has one mode that is a bit like the original one. A lot of people use Energon Bulkhead but im not a fan of that figure.

Damn triple changers being so hard to come by these days :(

Archived