G1 redux

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

Tank Galvatron = :fail JMO

I always liked the space jet thing... too bad E Galvy is friggin huge-normous

I agree, and with a little work and some paint it can look like this.

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/J...tronPurple.html

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I just picked up two second hand figures from the local comic shoppe, so my list is updated as such....

Cybertron Blurr as Blurr and Energon Inferno as Inferno

Plus I'm picking up my Energon Megatron tomorrow. I got the notice that it's in, just have to swing by the post office. It's the smaller TRU version, so it won't be as huge.

I plan on switching my TT Henekie Megs out for Energon Megs, who will henceforth serve as my Galvatron, every now and then for variety.

I plan on doing the same with my Autobots, switching Optimus Prime and Hot Rod out for Energon Rodimus, aka Rodimus Prime.

Plus I'm picking up my Energon Megatron tomorrow. I got the notice that it's in, just have to swing by the post office. It's the smaller TRU version, so it won't be as huge.

Just a notice...Energon TRU Megs is still slightly bigger than the largest Voyager Classics. If you bend his (small-ass) thighs like this attached file he'll size up fine.

post-11202-1206585882.jpg

Just a notice...Energon TRU Megs is still slightly bigger than the largest Voyager Classics. If you bend his (small-ass) thighs like this attached file he'll size up fine.

Yeah, I know he'll still be a tad bigger then the standard Voyager, but I also have Energon Scorponok as part of my collection, who's an Ultra. So I don't think TRU Energon Megs/Galvy will look that out of place.

two-pack E. Megs/GalvyG is barely taller than Classics Megatron. If you have the US Classics Megatron with the green wings the two-pack E. Megs makes the perfect logical upgrade, and that's what I have at work. While at home I have the newer Japanese Henkei Megatron on the way and using Galvatron G. as Galvatron. The upcoming universe tank galvy is going to end up as an alternaverse galvy opposite E. Rodimus :thumb

I'll post my classics list later, as I'm still waiting on certain toys to arrive, still need to purchase others, and I've also forgotten some of the original names of the toys since I've renamed them for classic characters, lol!

Tank Galvatron = :fail JMO

I always liked the space jet thing... too bad E Galvy is friggin huge-normous

I agree, and with a little work and some paint it can look like this.

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/J...tronPurple.html

That is a great kitbash. Personally I'll just go for the tank one (cause Im lazy)

So I decided that Movie Longarm (with repaint) will make a nice Kup. Removing the hook is easy and I may do a mod to the front end (feet)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

W/ out the crane arm the backend looks like Kups dead on, and better than Dropkick IMO.

Teh INTERNETS ^_^ - the Energon Megs bash is actually quite easy, just remove some screws and the wings pop right off.

Hmmm, he'd probably tower over everyone else though... and I dont like buying online. Did I mention Im lazy.

Longarm's vehicle mode does the trick but robot mode looks nothing like him. I use movie Longarm because of his colour and his chest is a similar shape to Kup. He needs a new head mind.

I was messing about with Energon Rodimus and I took Cybertron Clocker's pipes and mounted them on his shoulders (theres a place to slot them in on the back. So there I go, i now have a classic Rodimus Prime. :)

Also I noticed one of Energon Battle Ravage's cannons resembles G1 Megs' arm cannon a lot. Lick of black paint and it could be good for kitbashes. I gave it to Classic Starscream. If anyone remembers the 'Victory' comic from the 1986 Transformers annual (I think Furman wrote it) they'll know what I'm getting at (basically Starscream takes Megs' cannon after Grimlock kills him).

I was also thinking about Animated Grimlock, but I dont really like the scoop mouth. Might wait for masterpiece

Archived