Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

prime_time

What is so good about G1?

Hmmm... Nostalgia, indeed. I remember being, even as a kid, disappointed by the lack of articulation or resemblance of some of the characters with their cartoon counterparts. On the positive side, the chrome, the die-cast that made cars feel like some collector car models and gave a heavier feeling to the bot, and the rubber tires that would leave marks on white vinyl coated tablecloths and smelt so good when you opened the package... And the realism of alt modes.

As for the cartoon, I didn't like a few episodes, but the majority was great, I did love the main storyline. And the music of the cartoon... Among my memories, that's the element that does not fade away. Great heroic, battle, symphonical themes. I'd be more than happy if they released the sountrack at last.

:blaugh Should I? Or shouldn't I? Well, maybe a small one this time. I did not buy titanium, because asthetically it sucks, just Scourge, and Sunstorm because I think the originals are too expensive, I do buy new things btw, I have every alternator, and every masterpiece sans magnus cause thats a waste of money. I just "refuse" to buy Bayformers for the sake of buying them to say I'm "open-minded" and to say I'm a "true" transformers fan. The new animated and movie optimus are a travesty and I wept when I saw them. I think maybe I will buy them and let that insult dog puppet poop on them. :clap :krem

:blaugh Should I? Or shouldn't I? Well, maybe a small one this time. I did not buy titanium, because asthetically it sucks, just Scourge, and Sunstorm because I think the originals are too expensive, I do buy new things btw, I have every alternator, and every masterpiece sans magnus cause thats a waste of money. I just "refuse" to buy Bayformers for the sake of buying them to say I'm "open-minded" and to say I'm a "true" transformers fan. The new animated and movie optimus are a travesty and I wept when I saw them. I think maybe I will buy them and let that insult dog puppet poop on them. :clap :krem

I'm just going to say that Bay's movie and the Animated series have both ensured that the Transformers brand remains strong and active for years to come.

It's what we knew and loved as kids. I personally think all the toys mostly suck now and thought the show was too kiddy and non violent as a kid. Now I love anything that remakes the toys and characters into what I thought they should have been. Like the Comics, Classics, Alts, MPs and any other good remakes.

I've always said what was good about G1 was the concept, not so much the execution (either show or toys) - that the concept was so superior is the only reason it's still around today.

G1 will always be "Transformers" to a lot of people. Not that it's better/worse than other shows, but it was first. It's what we grew up on, those are the characters. Everything else (A/E/C) are more like "What Ifs" to us.

G1 will always be "Transformers" to a lot of people. Not that it's better/worse than other shows, but it was first. It's what we grew up on, those are the characters. Everything else (A/E/C) are more like "What Ifs" to us.

like "what if" Transformers sucked donkey sack

Most of the AEC toys are better than most G1 toys.

*runs*

• Find Transformers on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE