Movie accurate Prime WIP

sonray

before you guys even start, STOP.

if you can't get along and not argue, don't post in each others thread.

nice details sonray, give him a mouth.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looking good so far sonray. I liked your previous one too. I never got into the movie prime in any of his toy forms but you and others have really brought the best in 'em.

Thanks. I hated my other version, you know what its like. You make something that people might love but to you its utter crap. I dont even have my old one up in the shelf anymore cos i hated it so much.

Well that is what i said technically so i don't understand why he has to post in my threads. Like i said the only reason i responded to the first post of his was to defend my art and bring up the obvious point that he was trying to start more trouble despite the warnings given to both of us hence why i ignored him after that.

hehe a mouth? Its funny cos i have been considering doing that but i couldn't possibly do it to this one as the commissioner doesn't want a mouth. Maybe i'll do it to my old one if i ever get round to re-doing him. That would be pretty unique as i don't think i have seen anyone do that before. (now that the idea is out there though, you watch! Someone'll do one and upload it here within the next month you wait and see :P)

the first person that does that wins the internet

and my heart :luv

Nice work, sonray. I may be the only person who likes seeing and enjoying ALL customs work by EVERYONE because it always gives a nice new take and approach on it. If you feel confident and happy with your work, don't worry about what someone may say in regards to it. Take it in stride and ignore it.

I've liked your work and the work of frenzy_rumble for a while now. Just because someone posts artwork, it doesn't mean it's an open invitation to bash or point out nitpicky little things. Everyone is a critic, but you also have to know where to draw the line at times. I'm not putting blame on you or FR, but I've been on numerous TF boards and I always seem to run across some confrontation that should have never happened. I really don't know why you don't care for one another's work, nor do I care. As I said, as artists, we are ALL good at what we do. We just have different ways to show, display, and promote said work. So enjoy what you do, have fun seeing what others have to offer, and keep this confrontational stuff to the side. To me, it just demeans both of your hard work and paints a picture of you that some don't like to see. I'd like to see you guys as the good artists you are...........NOT the guys who are widely known for arguing, nitpicking, and judging. We all have different techniques, so just pay attention and you may learn something from someone.

With that said, keep up the great work, sonray (and frenzy_rumble). Both of you be the bigger man and have some fun with this stuff--this serious crap needs to go. ;)

Nice work, sonray. I may be the only person who likes seeing and enjoying ALL customs work by EVERYONE because it always gives a nice new take and approach on it. If you feel confident and happy with your work, don't worry about what someone may say in regards to it. Take it in stride and ignore it.

I've liked your work and the work of frenzy_rumble for a while now. Just because someone posts artwork, it doesn't mean it's an open invitation to bash or point out nitpicky little things. Everyone is a critic, but you also have to know where to draw the line at times. I'm not putting blame on you or FR, but I've been on numerous TF boards and I always seem to run across some confrontation that should have never happened. I really don't know why you don't care for one another's work, nor do I care. As I said, as artists, we are ALL good at what we do. We just have different ways to show, display, and promote said work. So enjoy what you do, have fun seeing what others have to offer, and keep this confrontational stuff to the side. To me, it just demeans both of your hard work and paints a picture of you that some don't like to see. I'd like to see you guys as the good artists you are...........NOT the guys who are widely known for arguing, nitpicking, and judging. We all have different techniques, so just pay attention and you may learn something from someone.

With that said, keep up the great work, sonray (and frenzy_rumble). Both of you be the bigger man and have some fun with this stuff--this serious crap needs to go. ;)

A welcome voice of reason. Believe me i have tried to smooth things over with a certain individual but my attempts were thrown right back into my face. Theres more to it than not liking each others work though, for some reason it got personal so i gave up. Ignorance is bliss but despite my hardest attempts every now and again the problem is always brought back to me as you can see.

But anyway, enough of that sillyness. Thanks for the comments! I am going away for 4 days so i wont be able to get this finished until mid next week, but once it is completed i will update the thread with gallery quality photos so it can be seen in all its glory (as the current photo doesn't do it justice..damn flash)

Sounds good, man. Can't wait to see the finished project. (and thanks for not taking offense to anything I posted--I'd just like us all to have some fun and actually enjoy the custom works we're working on and admiring, without getting too serious and all over it).

Sounds good, man. Can't wait to see the finished project. (and thanks for not taking offense to anything I posted--I'd just like us all to have some fun and actually enjoy the custom works we're working on and admiring, without getting too serious and all over it).

Believe me i feel the same way, its just hard to ignore certain comments and people at times. Theres a lot of competition and pride and ego's floating around the custom "community", and that results in a lot of bad blood between artists and site moderators.

One day i'll have my own site though and that will solve all of those problems...at least for me. :)

Im also restoring an old, beat up g1 soundwave too, once im back from the holiday and have the reprolabel set i might upload that here too as he looks like brand new and i got him for practically nothing!

ya know, this had NOTHING to Powerglideing do with anyone in particular, I just had gripes about the 'artistic content' on the picture posted. When an "artist" says "I think it's perfect" you're damn right, I will go cause a confrontation by posting how I (feel) it is not.

I don't start anything. And quite frankly am sick of it, more than any of you. I've gone through this a hundred times, and it's not worth my time nor effort. I thought I belonged to a community, where my techniques and opinions held some value, but apparently are only looked upon as "trying to start trouble"

I refuse to be made to look like the bad guy here, while all I did was post my critique on this "perfect" custom we were all graced with. Ya know, if the mods here had half a brain, they'd have listened to the mods from seibertron, tfw, and allspark, and banned this dude months ago. Same crap, different board.

Visit me on ANY other board, and you will see there is no "confrontation" or "problems"..you know why? mod's banned the problem.

If this is a community in favor of simply boasting about how great you think your work is, and only comment with high acclaim...perhaps I won't post here anymore.

STP, I don't know where this confusion began, but as a daily contributor to this board, I felt obligated to state my opinion while other board members flame me on this thread.

take heed:

http://sonraycustoms.blogspot.com/

ya know, this had NOTHING to Powerglideing do with anyone in particular, I just had gripes about the 'artistic content' on the picture posted. When an "artist" says "I think it's perfect" you're damn right, I will go cause a confrontation by posting how I (feel) it is not.

I don't start anything. And quite frankly am sick of it, more than any of you. I've gone through this a hundred times, and it's not worth my time nor effort. I thought I belonged to a community, where my techniques and opinions held some value, but apparently are only looked upon as "trying to start trouble"

I refuse to be made to look like the bad guy here, while all I did was post my critique on this "perfect" custom we were all graced with. Ya know, if the mods here had half a brain, they'd have listened to the mods from seibertron, tfw, and allspark, and banned this dude months ago. Same crap, different board.

Visit me on ANY other board, and you will see there is no "confrontation" or "problems"..you know why? mod's banned the problem.

If this is a community in favor of simply boasting about how great you think your work is, and only comment with high acclaim...perhaps I won't post here anymore.

STP, I don't know where this confusion began, but as a daily contributor to this board, I felt obligated to state my opinion while other board members flame me on this thread.

take heed:

http://sonraycustoms.blogspot.com/

Just for the record im not banned from the allspark.

As for the rest of your post i have simply reported it as your just causing more trouble where it isnt wanted. I'll let the mods deal with it as its pretty obvious who is in the wrong here.

:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

Archived