Ti 6" Optimal Optimus

Agent Zero

The "Optimal Optimus" form of Optimus Primal was always my favourite mode for the character. It looked amazing in the show. The toy, however, didn't look like it had a real alt mode, just a bunch of slightly different arrangements of body parts. Which was/is a shame because the show model kicks ass.

Anyway I JUST found out that there was a 6" Optimal Optimus made, and I found them still in stock at both Action-HQ and BBTS. He doesn't have a beast mode, but that doesn't matter, as I've never been much of a beast mode fan. The alt mode featured is the jet, which looks much better then the original toy's jet mode.

My only Ti experience was 6" Soundwave, who was a HUGE disappointment. His limbs were floppy to the point where he couldn't stand. I ended up displaying him in alt mode, which is not a good display mode for G1 Soundwave.

So my question is, is Ti Optimal Optimus worth it? I don't have a Optimus Primal in my collection, and this seems like the perfect solution to that problem. I just don't want to waste any more cash on a floppy Ti figure.

Yeah, the Optimal Optimus looked amazing in the show, but the toy not so. Took some serious time getting used to it.

Don't have the titanium version so can't speak from personal experiences, but maybe this review can give you some information.

Thanks for the help guys.

Rawhide, that review was BRUTAL, but thanks for it anyway. His major complaints don't really bother me, and I was happy to see that the figure isn't plagued by the problems that doomed Ti Soundwave and others.

I'll definitely order this one, if for no other reason then it's the best representation of the best form of a major character I don't have a figure for.

My only gripe is that he has an Autobot insignia rather then a Maximal one, but hey, that's what Repro Labels is for, right?

Archived