baby blue

shajaki

Don't know if its the exact same shade, but I think hasbro first got hooked on it back around '86-'87. Sharkticon Gnaw might have been my first exposure. A few headmasters use it, sixshot, the decepticon clones, a few of the seacons I think. I guess it ended up on a lot of decepticons as a secondary colour because it works well with purple. Didn't follow the toys too much after beast wars, so I don't know how much they've used up untill allspark?

it's a color... not a commonly used color in most situations but it's bound to resurface from time to time...

Hasbro like to used themes to link their figures together, like energon mirage and sharkticon shared a color scheme. since these are Allspark powered they are showing that power through the nasty paint on the bodies. wasn't that the color of the energy bolts coming from the allspark?

i personally think they use red are to often...

Hasbro likes bright colours because they think that small children like bright colours (wheee!). And as shajaki said, it's not the first time they've done it... Universe and some Armada figures were often splashed with copious amounts of bright hurt-your-eyes day-glo colours.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the color can work on certain figures. I like it on Stockade.

While I know the color is overused in the Allspark Power line, I don't remember it being Hasbro's backup. Maybe you should come up with more then the movie line to prove your point. What other times has Hasbro used this color?

that would require time and energy. if only i had a repuatable source back me up...

Hasbro likes bright colours because they think that small children like bright colours (wheee!). And as shajaki said, it's not the first time they've done it... Universe and some Armada figures were often splashed with copious amounts of bright hurt-your-eyes day-glo colours.

thanks. i dont recall the names or anything, but many repaints i recall many from armada to now have suffered the baby blue fate.

I think the color can work on certain figures. I like it on Stockade.

The blue on black combination does makes the blue stand out more and gives a glowing appearance, which I think was supposed to be the purpose of the color. The same effect can be seen with TakTomy's Incinerator.

*rolls eyes*

this isnt the first time theyve done this.... i guess im the only one annoyed with the baby blue...

Until I see a pie-chart I believe nothing.

post-4901-1206934043_thumb.jpg

your percentages may vary.

Archived