TO ALL YOU KITBASHERS OUT THERE

Hyperblade

NEED HELP!!!!!!!

I have got to know, have any of you ever made a kitbash for the original G1 Ironhide and Rachet molds? What I am looking for is someone who can build a chestback, head, and shoulders to fit into the open "chair" area behind the windshield on the orignial mold so it looks G1 acurate. I have always hated how the toys never looked like the characters. It doesnt have to tansform with it, I would prefer if it just plugged in and out of the open space. I only want it for display purposes, I have had this idea for awhile and just dont have the skills, materials, or time to be able to design one myself. If anyone out there can make me one each for Ironhide and Rachet, PM me with the material and labor cost.

Skills: They come as you work. Keyword- take your time, check twice and cut once. Also, get as many references as you can. use the ones that are the most consistent, as dteails can vary from resource to resource.

Materials: I use several. Sheet styrene, sold at hobby stores, is good. Also, try Sculpey III. it's a polymer clay, sold at craft stores and Wal-mart, for 2.25 a block. it bakes in the oven at 275 degrees, and holds dteail well. For adhesive, I use Plastic Welder. It sells at Wal-mart for 2.50, and is far better than epoxy. It is less brittle, and is practically liquid plastic. Just be careful as you mix it, as it is in two parts. Also, it gets quite hot as it cures, but it's okay if you do it a little at a time.

Time: unfortunately, I really can't help you on this, but one word of advice- go SLOWLY. trying to rush anty project will only ruin it.

Best of luck to you!

Archived