BAKUGAN transforming balls?

Backfire

Anyone got some more info on these? From the glimpse I saw, they might be similar to the old Takara Microchange ball bots, which the animal versions were re-released as BW TF's in Japan.

BAKUGAN

The early Mircochange toys had a set of 3 ball/robots that were chrome and transformed into a condor, a lion and a robot. These were remade several times over the years, in a series of their own and some managed to make it into the BWII series.

This BAKUGAN toy line is a card/toy game for kids, kinda like pokemon/Yugio with Transformers thrown in for good measure.

These appear to be somewhat similar to the Microman series, but so far are all original creatures. There are a couple I might not mind grabbing, but do not appear to be as good as the original Takara line. Though I might be biased.

Attached are pictures of the 3 MM toys, and a collection of this new toy line's items. I have no idea what the size comparrison is like, but I do know that the ball forms are very similar.

Ok, so I ventured out, picked up the new LOST video game, and of course it won't run on either of my computers. SO I'll just sit here and play with my ball...I bought one of these BAKUGAN toys. They come in 3 packs, multi packs of 8 or 10, special clear packs and standard single packs. I got a red dragon ball, suppose that treads on yet another series...at any rate. Comes with a special card, this thing is thick and has a piece of metal inside. Took me a minute to figure out why. The ball is really small, about the size of a standard super ball, as opposed to the microman balls which are about golf ball sized. The metal is in the thick card because the ball is magnetic, or rather has a magnetic trigger for the transform. Spring loaded parts auto change it from ball to beast, some alterations manually are required for the feet but the wings and head pop up good...some times. The mechanism are not so reliable. Many of the others are rather unusual. There's humanoids which look weird, kinda lame. The dragons are OK, snake is ok. Turtle is decent, scorpion is ok...Gave me ideas of what takara could have done with this idea. The cartoon hypes these up, the balls are thrown in a ring with the cards, and transform...then the cartoonie representatives do battle which look very different then the actual toy. Some of them are some kinda powerful beings that can talk, and need the kids help...yea yea, just show me the rip off's of the old school takara ball robots. Maybe series 2? Here's some more picts, was worth the $5 to check one out, I don't think I'll be getting any more...unless some cool robots turn up.toy shot

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?...c=84545&hl=

I've since picked up one of the 20$ battle sets and split it with my now ex. I love these things. I found a second wave three pack I really wanted but I just couldn't justify picking it up right now as I'm moving. Here's hoping that the set is still around in a few weeks.

Oh, and to those of you that said this wouldn't sell....they fly off the shelves. Eat it :P

Yeah, I saw lots of battle arenas but just like the movie toys last year. they were all sold out.

And yes, I've played with them before.

Archived