So I've been thinking about Animated Prime.

Aquarion

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone´s thinking it,i´m gonna go ahead and say it:animated prime is the best damn prime ever.

I could see him hanging out with Optimus Primal and talking about how they have lame jobs and how they wish some of their crew would take themselves more seriously.

Primal was awesome in Beast wars,but what the hell? In BM his strategic talents reduced to that of...yeah,a monkey. I'm allright with a monkeyboy prime,and the BM appearance was sweet as well,but woah,the only one with a bit of leadership skill was a talking plant. And why did all Maximals become emo anyway? Still,BM was an awesome show.

Well, if the toy bio is differing from the CN depiction of Animated Prime...more power to CN.

I'm tired of OMG PERFECT PRIME OMG

CHARACTER BUILDING FTW

Accept for the fact that eventually the character building will result in Animated Prime becoming Optimus Prime, the greatest leader of awesomeness ever.

And that's not a bad thing.

But are any of the characters going to experience any true character development? From what I've seen in most american cartoons, characters get slotted into an archetype and they're pretty much stuck there for the whole series. And there are a couple of examples in Animated; Bulkhead is still clumsy and Bumblebee is still impulsive, despite that Prowl had taught them both a little discipline.

But are any of the characters going to experience any true character development? From what I've seen in most american cartoons, characters get slotted into an archetype and they're pretty much stuck there for the whole series. And there are a couple of examples in Animated; Bulkhead is still clumsy and Bumblebee is still impulsive, despite that Prowl had taught them both a little discipline.

You're looking for drastic character development 10 episodes into what in all likelihood will be a four season show? Come on.

edit-typo

And Japanese toon characters experience development at all?

Not that you weren't completely stereotyping to begin with

Well, if the toy bio is differing from the CN depiction of Animated Prime...more power to CN.

I'm tired of OMG PERFECT PRIME OMG

CHARACTER BUILDING FTW

Accept for the fact that eventually the character building will result in Animated Prime becoming Optimus Prime, the greatest leader of awesomeness ever.

And that's not a bad thing.

I agree totally. The problem Satan's Camaro was referring to is the sense that Optimus is always this perfect robot guy who never makes a mistake, ever. It's nice to see a character evolve.

And to that point:

We have already seen characters evolve. I think you're a bit confused as to what character development actually is. Not that there can or should really be that much character development in nine episodes anyway. We're still getting to know the characters.

Archived