The Secret Origin of Lord Madhammer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Have you read Dave Barry, by any chance? :tfgrin

Some, but I wouldn't call myself a "devotee" or anything. I grew up with British comedy, so that's where a large part of my artistic sensibility comes from.

My real aim with this was 1) to give myself something creative and fun to do at work, and 2) to highlight (in a way that was funny to me) some of the stranger/more unexplained aspects of G1, such as:

The sudden appearance of the 1985 Autobots (and Decepticons, by extension)

What happened to all that energy the Autobots had at the end of MTMTE

How an incompetent megalomaniac like Megatron could ever conquer ANYTHING

What happened to Sparkplug (of course DW addressed this as well, but I did a better job of it :P)

How humanity might feel about the Autobots "colonizing" Earth

I also threw in a very obscure reference to "Desertion of the Dinobots," where Spike and Carly come upon a store of Energon cubes on Cybertron. It's never explained how the cubes got there, and as Spike says, "I thought the planet was all out of energy." I just thought it would be clever (in my own little way) to pretend that Shockwave was storing up energy in secret, perhaps for his own takeover of Cybertron? (Leave a guy alone for four million years and his loyalty just might start to wane.)

I was also planning to include a reference to those data discs from the same G1 episode, explaining them as "propaganda" designed to discourage anyone from invading and conquering Cybertron. But I never got around to that.

(I was also planning to make Sparkplug an alcoholic -- never got around to that either...)

• 3 years later...

Archived