Help! G1 Shockwave repair

Ultra-Mattus

As the title says, I'm trying to refurbish a G1 Shockwave. All I have left to replace is the hose and one leg. But I;m stuck on the hose. I got the old, cracked nasty one off, and am ready to put the nice one on. But I'm not sure how to do so. The hole in the tube doesn't seem big enough to squeeze the light bulb through, and I'd like to avoid opening up the body to find the other end if I can.

Anybody know how to get the hose on? I thought about trying to WD-40 it or something, but don't know. Can anyone offer a tip or two for me?

Thanks in advance!

you're probably gonna have to snip the wire, towards the base, and then splice it back together. Factory most likely put the cables through the hose and then soddered it on the circut board. You could do that as well, heat the sodder joints, remove, place the hose on and then resodder it in place.

Either that or find a bigger hose.

I made a double barrled shockwave once, thing looked AWESOME too. Had 3 lights, one in each arm which was his barrled cannons and one in the chest. Worked too. Gun mode looked impressive as well. The speed of the gun shot sounds and lights were sped up due to the extra usage. Think I called it Shock Blast (was way before they made the energon version)

And then there was ShockFire, my Jetfire/Shockwave mix. Purple Valk with shockwaves lower arms and head, + backpack with the working electronics. Gerwalk mode made a cool cannon mode.

Backfire Today, 11:13 AM

you're probably gonna have to snip the wire, towards the base, and then splice it back together. Factory most likely put the cables through the hose and then soddered it on the circut board. You could do that as well, heat the sodder joints, remove, place the hose on and then resodder it in place.

Ok, that's kind of what I was thinking. I basically have no mechanical skills whatsoever, so I was hoping there'd be an easier fix. But I got the Shockwave for free, so if I blow it, I'm not really out anything.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "splice?" Doe that refer to clipping a wire and then twisting it back together and covering it with tape? Cuz I've done that with my car speakers.

That double barrel Shockblast is awesome! See, right there is the difference between you and me. You can visualize that and make it a reality. I wouldn't even know where to start! hehe

Thansk for the help!!!

Twist and tape is exactly what I mean.

Shockblast...well you take a couple shockwaves, tear one down to just arms and legs, slap them together with a whole shockwave. Add some metal tape to cover the gaps, or if you really want to get into it, glue them together and then fill in the gaps with clay, sand and paint over so it looks like one solid piece.

splice 2 sets of wires into the main light set, throw in an extra light and stick it under the window in his chest for flavor. And there ya go.

Oh I had to use thin strips of velcro to attach the barrles together in gun mode.

The extra clicking noises are pretty sweet bonus!

Archived