Toy Fair 2008: Look At Fully Painted Classics 2.0 Wave 1

Peter_Van

Oh BOY!!!! This is what I am waiting for....Sunstreaker and Prowl are MUST HAVES (getting mult copies just in case no repaints of Sideswipe and Bluestreak). With some mods the Prowl could also be a wonderful Jazz Classics. I like to Blaster repaint, but I'm not keen on that mold, it is TOP HEAVY and does not really work for the character. Maybe Takara will do a BoomBox MP3 player like the soundwave last year (my favorate TF right now). Galvatron and Powerglide will be purchased as well, still out on Onslaught...I dont like to paint job THAT IS THE PROTECTABOTS deal not COMBATACONS!!!! Simple repaint to military colors would fix it though.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm VERY excited for the return of this series.

Any idea about time of debut?

Sounds like they'll be released in fall. :clap

Movie line should be about wrapped soon. TFA is slated for June.

Though the new molds look like really good additions to the Classics line I'm definitely more excited about TFA.

Will probably be getting most of the new molds in this line. With my own place I'll soon be able to have all the room I need to finally display everything so that's a bit of motivator right there. :clap

Powerglide... doesn't look half bad, actually. The orange boob things are still a bit weird, though.

Im wondering if they have some kind of spring loaded guns in them.. Maybee you push on the top and guns spring out with lights immitating firing, either that or in vehicle mode they extend to become flames??

I'm not fully digging the repaints, Blaster in particular is disappointing, but the new molds are all mine :D

I think Blaster is a great repaint. I just think he should gotten a new head. That one does not say Blaster. :tfmad

Oh BOY!!!! This is what I am waiting for....Sunstreaker and Prowl are MUST HAVES (getting mult copies just in case no repaints of Sideswipe and Bluestreak). With some mods the Prowl could also be a wonderful Jazz Classics. I like to Blaster repaint, but I'm not keen on that mold, it is TOP HEAVY and does not really work for the character. Maybe Takara will do a BoomBox MP3 player like the soundwave last year (my favorate TF right now). Galvatron and Powerglide will be purchased as well, still out on Onslaught...I dont like to paint job THAT IS THE PROTECTABOTS deal not COMBATACONS!!!! Simple repaint to military colors would fix it though.

Sideswipe was already confirmed ages ago.

Blaster - Inneresting idea but no love for that mold or attempt here.

Those 2 repaints - Same.

Sunstreaker - Aside from not really liking the dumbo ears, he looks pretty sweet. And the "engine on the hood" thing isn't that off since it's set back close to where the engine would be. Totally hunting this guy.

Octane - This is a first. My negative opinion of a mold actually improved (enough to want him) after seeing the color scheme they chose. Didn't think they had it in them.

Prowl - Man, they couldn't've made this guy more perfect.

Powerglide - Why they decided against G1 color scheme like they did with Octane, dunno. Not really liking the boobs thing enough for even repainting it, but might suit some customizing ideas..

Onslaught - Kinda same feeling as Powerglide. Prolly wanna bash him more than keep him as "Onslaught".

:eek

Prowl and Sunstreaker are about as awesome a G1-Homage as you can get...

Powerglide is goofy looking for sure - but i started trying to think through the TF-scheme and he actually looks fun.

Octane pass... Onslaught hmm.... yay?

Galvatron ... yay?

Archived