Toy Fair 2008: Look At Fully Painted Classics 2.0 Wave 1

Peter_Van

Looks like its going to be a great line, Prowl, Sunstreaker and Octane look amazing.

I'm surprised by Powerglide's paint job, something closer to his G1 colour scheme would work better for me, I don't think he will display well next to Classics Jetfire.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big pass on the Cybertron repaints. Got em, don't need another that vaguely looks like some G1 character.

Sunstraeker, and Prowl look good. The only thing that concerns me is the crap QC. For me to buy both Hasbro had better stop smudging the paint everywhere. The first wave had some brutal paint aps/QC and from what I've seen on both of these new molds ity's not a whole lot better.

The remaining 3 look by far the best. That's probably the most decent pic I've seen of Octane's flight mold and for once it actually looks like something and not just a jumble of kibble. On the reverse end, the truck mold looks kind of bland go figure. Bot mode looks outstanding mark me down for one.

Onslaught is just awsome all around. Alt mode is easily the most vicious I've seen since Energon Landmine. I also really like Powerglides alt mode, blue would rock but as is I'll consider one as well. Paint/apps also look pretty good, and not a sloppy as the deluxe modes. Guess I'll have to see what my income looks like in fall.

I'm pretty much sold on at least three of em, SS, and Prowl will all depend on if the Q/C picks up.

Is there actually a difference between the Cybertron Soundwave and Galaxy Force Soundblaster (or Soundwave) mold? This is the second site I've seen to point out that he's a repaint of Japanese Soundblaster (the other is Wizard). Just seems like an odd thing to say if there's no difference.

Anyway, the new molds all look great IMO and it probably wouldn't be that hard to hit Powerglide with some spray paint. The two Cybertron repaints look like leftovers from the end of the Movie line. Blaster will look good with the movie figures, but I won't recognize them as Classics figures.

Emerje

bleh on the blaster... but man, im gonna be sooooo broke this year with everything else. sunstreaker and prowl are great. im diggin the design teams balls to make powerglide an ultra. i still say hes got tig ol bitties, but he really looks good. onslaught! badass! galvatron was a nice surprise too. i dont think ive owned any galvatron figure so hell be my first. maaaan, even the marvelformers are looking good.

gonna be broke broke broke broke... but lovin it!

Is there actually a difference between the Cybertron Soundwave and Galaxy Force Soundblaster (or Soundwave) mold? This is the second site I've seen to point out that he's a repaint of Japanese Soundblaster (the other is Wizard). Just seems like an odd thing to say if there's no difference.

Anyway, the new molds all look great IMO and it probably wouldn't be that hard to hit Powerglide with some spray paint. The two Cybertron repaints look like leftovers from the end of the Movie line. Blaster will look good with the movie figures, but I won't recognize them as Classics figures.

Emerje

Soundwave had an error which disabled his transformation.

Archived