"SHATTERED GLASS"

Ryu Hayabusa

whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...whoa.....whoa....

$350? You're kidding, right?

Reported here: http://TFormers.com/transformers-botcon-20.../8913/news.html

The Packages

Like every other year, there will be four packages: Primus ($285 for club members or $335 for non-members), Mini-Con ($80 for members or $90 for non-members), Protoform ($120 for club members or $170 for nonmembers), and Iacon ($285 for club members or $335 ppd for nonmembers).

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's completely friggin rediculous! What's the point of going to these conventions and getting these exclusives if you've got to pay out of the nasal passages for them, anyway!?

Ta-da

That's always been the question. "Hey, let's reward collectors for being loyal for years by making them pay out of the ass for exclusive toys."

That's completely friggin rediculous! What's the point of going to these conventions and getting these exclusives if you've got to pay out of the nasal passages for them, anyway!?

when actually go to the convention you don't just pay for the toys, you're paying for access to all sorts of events.

the $335 package gets you the convention figure set, convention name badge, convention pin, program, comic, a bonus figure, access to all panels, access to awards diner, access to sales floor (i'm assuming that anybody can get into the sales room, but this will allow you special privilages, such as early access on certain days, etc...), as well as a free bonus figure.

anybody can go to the convention, i think it just costs $10 to get in, but i'm sure it's somewhat limited access.

MY WORLD WILL BE SHATTERED ON MONDAY :eek

heh. yeah, right :roll

Bring on the weak "nemesis" repaints.

I'd like it if Prime had Ultra Magnus colors (Super Robot Magnus, not a white repaint), but I'm guessing he'll be Diaclone Powered Convoy Colors (IE Blue). Starscream will just be Armada colors I bet, Goldbug will be... gold.

:tfevil Me grimlock now evil guy trying to be good?

Goldbug:Hey spiiiiiiike. *smashes skull in*

Optimus:Elita One,let's do some S&M.

Starscream: O_o wtf?

Oh, if only. If only... *stares dreamily off*

Don't expect to show all the figures on monday, they will start to show them on monday. In other words they may show one or two and leak the others the coming weeks, just to build up the hype.

MY WORLD WILL BE SHATTERED ON MONDAY :eek

heh. yeah, right :roll

Bring on the weak "nemesis" repaints.

lollerz

BUT

I would much rather that BotCon stick with their time-honored tradition of "Bots That Make You Go 'Who?'" than do what happened last year (and to a lesser extent in 2005) when they sold classic G1 characters as con exclusives. The angst is greatly reduced that way. AND to be honest, that's how I think convention exclusives should be done anyway. BotCon toys are gonna be $$$$, it's a given. No sense in complaining about that. But it does cause a problem when characters that the fandom at large would want are only available for said $$$$.

Archived