Devstation 5

Drewbie

Now that there's a whole forum for TF comics, do we still need to have one thread for the IDW ongoing? I think not.

I hope this one moves the Reapers plot along. They just been teased over and over since the end of Sixshot's spotlight.

Needs more Soundwave. We had him turn up still locked in his alt-mode in issue four, but I wanna see him laying out some Autobots, instead he's stuck as a retro display piece in a teenagers bedroom probably being forced to play Motley Crue tapes, oh the ignomy!

The reapers kinda did something...not really. Sixshot fought them a bit, but nothing too impressive. They offered him a spot on the team again, when Starscream flew out and yelled at him. Apparently, seeing SS made up Sixshot's mind, and he went to fire on the seeker. It turns out, though, that years ago Megatron told SS the deactivation code for 6S (because Megatron wouldn't have a weapon that could destroy him unless he had an 'off' button for it). So SS sends 6S crashing. By now Megatron has realized what the other con's did behind his back, but he's too concerned with the Reapers to deal with it right now. They stomp out ready to fight.

Meanwhile...Rachet is trying to revive Jimmy and Verity. They've been dead a little o'er 5 minutes, so there might be brain damage. Optimus got a message that the prison he put the combiners in was broken into, and he's decided to take everyone back into space to handle that, leaving Earth to it's own defenses.

Meanwhile...the headmasters find Hot Rod and Wheeljack at the junkyard. Wheeljack is buried under a pile of cars, so Hot Rod decides to fight dirtier. Ironhide appears to be in a pile right behind him. No sign of other people, despite the junkyard being open...

Meanwhile...Hunter finds a SunStreaker body.

Meanwhile...Skynet decides the Reapers in Oregon means their operation needs to be stepped up. Orders are given to revive the one furthest along immediately (Grimlock, of course). No sign of Ravage, Laserbeak, Soundwave, or anyone at skynet being concerned that their smaller robots got away from them while they revive the giant T-Rex.

Overall, I thought this one was pretty good, but so much is going on that I think it's starting to be a negative to the story. The Wheeljack/Hotrod/Ironhide story could've been done in a one issue spotlight. The Reapers aren't living up to their reputation at all. We first meet them on a firey husk of a planet implying that they have world-breaking firepower, but they get their asses handed to them by SS and 6S while not even denting the decepticon bunker. As large as Furman's made this universe already, one ongoing and a spotlight a month isn't enough.

By now Megatron has realized what the other con's did behind his back, but he's too concerned with the Reapers to deal with it right now.

he's too concerned with the Reapers to deal with it right now.

he's too concerned to deal with it right now.

deal with it now.

:eek :eek :eek :eek

ok, joking aside, is it just me or is the art sorta going down hill a bit? i seem to not being enjoying it quite as much as i have with previous arcs. other than that the story seems... rushed, but then again what do you expect for 6 issues? i'd love to see them expand this out, perhaps in graphic novel form. i'd like to see what they can do when they aren't rushed.

i'm pretty excited to see what's going to come of soundwave and the dinobots, esp the dinos as the govt has now found them.

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed with the arts, it seems really rushed and totally differs from the top-notch arts of Infiltration issues. And wtf, Sceamer could bring down the one-bot-army Sixshot in no time?

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed with the arts, it seems really rushed and totally differs from the top-notch arts of Infiltration issues. And wtf, Sceamer could bring down the one-bot-army Sixshot in no time?

well, i don't think sixshot is out just yet. down perhaps, but not out. the only reason he's down is because SS knew the over-ride shut down command that megs had built into sixshot so in theory even wheelie could have taken sixshot down.

i'm glad i'm not the only one to have noticed the degrading and rushed feel of it all. i hate saying it, but maybe they could produce one every two months to give themselves a little bit more time, they seem to be having crazy problems with their distribution right now as well. perhaps with the wave of new fans from the movie, idw's popularity and demand has increased as well causing unforeseen problems.

ok, joking aside, is it just me or is the art sorta going down hill a bit? i seem to not being enjoying it quite as much as i have with previous arcs. other than that the story seems... rushed, but then again what do you expect for 6 issues? i'd love to see them expand this out, perhaps in graphic novel form. i'd like to see what they can do when they aren't rushed.

In the editor's column, didn't he say there was a fill-in artist on this book? I didn't really notice a drop in art quality, except for coloring Thundercracker purple.

In the editor's column, didn't he say there was a fill-in artist on this book? I didn't really notice a drop in art quality, except for coloring Thundercracker purple.

idk, i never read the editors column :redface

it's not that the art is bad, it just seems really rushed/sloppy-ish.

Archived