Headmasters

Blackscale

Should the heads be humans or robots?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the heads be humans or robots?

• Humans
    • Robots

I've never seen any of the Japanese series, but I think that the robot head/targetmasters would make more sense. Not just for the lower TF/humanoid interaction, but as someone said earlier organics are kind of squishy and that could cause some problems.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I think is unrealistic is humans being able to contort their legs like gymnasts so they can become a robot head.

Yeah, thats been my biggest beef with the organic partner thing. But I haven't seen any of the Japanese stuff, so i have no comment on those, and therefor its human/nebulan partners for me.

The heads of the headmasters and the weapons of the targetmasters were humans in the US continuity, but robots in the Japanese one.

I have never liked the former, because it takes away the sentient living robot part of the transformers. What do you think?

But the bot was still sentient, just had a humans personality mixed in as well.

Making the Headmaster's robots kills the whole the gimmick. What's the point in having a detachable head?

The human counterpart added something new to the bot's personality, and raised the level of interaction between the two. As for organic concerns, when the human/Nebulon died, they could simply find a new partner.

as for nebulon headmasters, read MTMTE #8 for the lowdown on how they can contort their limbs. Also, their exo-suits don't make me so squishy, and being binary bonded may actually extend their lifespan.

I liked Spike, especially when him and Cerebros became Fort Max

I liked Spike, especially when him and Cerebros became Fort Max

Spike was cool because you basically watched him grow up. I thought DW's take on him was fair, better than the movie's and season 3, in those he was just a little up-tight.

The heads of the headmasters and the weapons of the targetmasters were humans in the US continuity, but robots in the Japanese one.

I have never liked the former, because it takes away the sentient living robot part of the transformers. What do you think?

But the bot was still sentient, just had a humans personality mixed in as well.

Making the Headmaster's robots kills the whole the gimmick. What's the point in having a detachable head?

The human counterpart added something new to the bot's personality, and raised the level of interaction between the two. As for organic concerns, when the human/Nebulon died, they could simply find a new partner.

-Gestalts are less smart than the individual bots, because their personalities came in conflict. This should also be true for headmasters with human/TF interaction

-most TF are already able to show the full spectrum of emotions, so they need no humans to add those and I doubt that they could add much intelligence.

-A smaller robot uses less energy, but the larger body is still needed for some physical tasks, war etc.

-the smaller robot makes interaction with humans easier, because it removes the height difference.

-Gestalts are less smart than the individual bots, because their personalities came in conflict. This should also be true for headmasters with human/TF interaction

-most TF are already able to show the full spectrum of emotions, so they need no humans to add those and I doubt that they could add much intelligence.

-A smaller robot uses less energy, but the larger body is still needed for some physical tasks, war etc.

-the smaller robot makes interaction with humans easier, because it removes the height difference.

In order:

-Depends on how well they work together. Watch Rebirth, after they get used to each other, they work together just fine. The combiner teams have 5-6 minds working together, headmaster's have two, it's a little easier to cope with.

-Headmasters were created because the Autobots lacked the experience to fight the Hive. Experience is a form of intelligence, and it affects your personality.

-Energy is an issue, but why aren't all TF's headmaster's then? Later they just produced micromasters.

-Good point, but Spike and Sparkplug got over the height difference and the Autobots treated them as equals, not much of a problem.

Archived