Headmasters

Blackscale

Should the heads be humans or robots?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the heads be humans or robots?

• Humans
    • Robots

The heads of the headmasters and the weapons of the targetmasters were humans in the US continuity, but robots in the Japanese one.

I have never liked the former, because it takes away the sentient living robot part of the transformers. What do you think?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I disagree...if you can get your hands on it, Masterforce is a great use of humans...in fact the kids became the Junior Headmasters. I know it's kinda hooky, but it worked for the show!

Never could buy the human partner thing.

Let's compare lifespans shall we?

machine = possibly millions of years

mortal = possibly hundreds of years

Now let's compare durability.

machine = easily repaired, metal, replaceable parts

mortal = not so easy, in fact, kinda squishy

The pilot without the suit would be subject to stuff like, oh, getting hit by a bus, the flu, etc. That would leave the main bot stuck in his alt mode.

Here is my breakdown on the whole thing...

Spike was cool

Daniel was annoying

Spike was cool as Cerebros head, and thus the head of Fort Max

The nebulons were creepy

Japanese headmasters (other then suffering from bad fan dubs) was better

Headmasters Jr, were alright

Primates Rocked

RID Humans were too campy

Rad, Alexis, & Carlos are just like jimminy cricket in pinocchio, they act as the robots conscience, which ruins the whole idea of a war going on.

Kicker, hasnt annoyed me yet, but I am sure he will.

The less human interaction the better, or atleast not let them talk like in beast wars.

What I think is unrealistic is humans being able to contort their legs like gymnasts so they can become a robot head. And how can a headmaster have a mind - where could it fit inside the tiny human body (who transforms into its head?). I found the Targetmaster concept almost equally ludicrous - exactly what is it about having a human change into your weapon that makes you more powerful?

Archived