RID Optimus Prime

Fortress_Maximus

At a recent visit at a TRU I just found him lying there boxed, but slightly banged up but still cheaper than an Alternator! :) Amazing! I decided to quickly buy him as he was Prime afterall. :tftounge

So, for those of you who have him, do you like him? Why? I am not referring to the Takara version, just the TRU version.

Or do you prefer Ultra Magnus? Why?

Or do you not care for either? If so, why?

Lastly, if you got pics of yours, please feel free to share for all. Thanks! :clap

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's one of the better primes. Instead of a rehash big-rig we got the next best thing and he stays true to G1 in bot mode. The missles on his ladder kick arse and his combined form keeps the articualtion while adding massive fire power. I like the way his gun is hidden while he's transformerd, but its just to small for Prime. Excellent figure.

Enjoy!

I got RID Optimus when he came out, way back when…but he’s back in Jamaica with all my other transformers :tfsad . RID Optimus Prime was my all time favorite Optimus until Masterpiece/Anniversary Optimus Prime came out.

His normal bot mode was just the best looking prime I had ever seen….and to top it off he had a nice fire engine mode. Thought that said fire engine mode sometimes had trouble staying together as did his super bot mode. But other than that he is a kicker of a figure. :thumb

i love my RID prime and ultra magnus, especially the fact that they can combine to form omega prime, awesome. i like the way that ultra magnus's carrier could lower and you could actually roll a car onto it. but RID prime is a perfect balance of articulation, gimmicks and great play value overall. RID figures as a whole (by that, i don't mean the ones they imported from g1, beast wars, etc) are outstanding. this is where transformers need to go, because i want to see them bring back the combiners g1 style, but with RID articulation (landfill, railracer, omega prime)

I think he is one of the best primes yet. He looks goods and is very posable (really puts Armada to shame). I do not like all the loose parts of the trailer, though.

Ultra Magnus is nice too, but the metallic paint at the front is really vulnarable. I returned my first UM to the shop, because of that. I coated the metallics of the second UM with a thin layer of varnish and he remains well.

Guest OMEGA PRIME

I do have him,and I will try to get the pictures of him soon.He is certainly one of the better primes out. I like him alot because of his articulation, and because of his ability to combine with ultra magnus,forming OMEGA PRIME. Here is a little hint for those of you who think his super mode was ruined by the big latter on his back.Take a phillips head screw driver,and undo the screw where the latter connects to his back.Once you have undone the screw, take it off of his back and tighten the screw back down. Now you don't have the annoying latter on his back,and it doesent even affect how his truck mode looks.

I have 4 RID Primes and 2 Magnus. 3 Red to show him in all three modes, basic, super, and omega, and 1 Yellow Universe Prime. The best part is I only spent at most $45 on all 6 of them!!!! :tflaugh I can find deals on TFormers like a women can find clothes on sale. he he :tflaugh

Archived