Animated Bumblebee / Animated Prowl

Pascal

BUMBLEBEE

Pros

-relatively complex transformation on par with movie toys

-accessories (rocket boosters) to mimic the show

-stinger gimmick is simple yet effective and adds play value

-articulation is excellent (head can even look perfectly straight up when he's flying with the rocket boosters)

-no visible robot parts in car mode unless you flip the car over... head and arms are then a bit visible

Cons

-light on top is painted, would have looked better clear red

-blocky feet/toes (but poseable)

-stinger halves cannot fully hide in forearms

-robot chest is a cheat

-looks big compared to other Animated deluxe figures (mostly because of the head)

-elbow swivels would have been cool

PROWL

Pros

-very clean bike mode with no visible robot parts

-very clean robot mode with minimal visible bike parts

-no kibble

-traffic light accessory is unique

-cool little blade stars

-very good transformation

-amazing articulation (think Movie Landmine with nothing in the way)

-translucent red/blue police lights

-looks just like he does in the cartoon

-working kickstand

-retractable handlebars

Cons

-blob of gold paint on the face (probably only my figure though, but easy to remove)

-slightly loose hip joints (at least on mine - fixed with a few drops of super glue)

-traffic light accessory is goofy

-deco is a tad boring

-feet design makes it tricky to balance

100_3298.jpg

100_3297.jpg

100_3296.jpg

100_3301.jpg

100_3292.jpg

100_3295.jpg

100_3302.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really excited about Prowl. The only concern I have is with the yellow plastic vs the yellow paint on Bumblebee being so vastly different. I'm hoping that is remedied in the final production.

It's really NOT (oops, forgot the most important word here!) that noticeable. I'm afraid it's the final version, production is already under way and carded BBs are identical.

Man. Prowl is so toon accurate in both modes it's amazing.

Crap, now I'll have to keep Arcee bec. they look good together, and are very close in scale. There goes a few bucks I coulda made selling her...

That said, I love these guys! Can't wait.

Clean backpack...

100_3303.jpg

100_3304.jpg

For those wondering, the tip of the windshield/roof half goes around the outside part of the knee when you swing the lower leg up. So it's not in the way. Oh, and the windshield/roof halves are spring-loaded btw. From car mode to robot mode, you pull, you rotate them around and they snap back against the back of the legs.

100_3305.jpg

Archived