Transformers Unproduced series

notpicard

I have been reading a lot today regarding the end of the G1 toyline in Japan. It is my understanding that when they stopped making them in Japan, there were several designs of Transformers that ended up being made into new toylines.

I guess the main one I read about is the Brave series. I'm trying to get a better understanding of this, so I have a few questions. According to Prime Saber's Homepage (I'm always reading great stuff there!), the Brave series is broken down into several smaller series:

# Exkaiser The Brave (1990)

# (Brave of the Sun) Solar Hero Firebird (1991)

# (Brave of Legend) Legendary Hero Da Garn (1992)

# Brave Express Might Gaine (1993)

# Brave Police J-Decker (1994)

# (Golden Brave) Golden Hero Goldoran (1995)

# (Brave Command) Dug-On, The Heroes' Command (1996)

# (King of Braves) Gao Gai Gar, King Of Heroes (1997)

What I am wondering is:

What toys were re-used Transformers (I see Grandus and Dai Atlas but am mainly wondering about the unproduced Transformers)?

If the Transformers had continued, does anyone know what the subtitle would have been? (example: Transformers: Victory, Transformers: Zone, Transformers: Battle stars. This would have been Transformers: ????)

Then in reading an interview with a Takara designer, I was also wondering what these things are that he mentions:

Koutetsu Zeag

Yusha X-Kaiser

Ultra Raker

I can't find much info on these at all. I love looking into the untapped ideas of great designers. And to be honest, looking at the Brave series robots that combine with the split-down-the-middle design, I am really enjoying the appearance of Energon Omega Supreme a lot more. Energon is filled with G1 homages. But I also get the distinct feeling that there are a lot of other homages that are going right over my head because I missed out on a lot of other Takara transforming robots.

Interesting. Thanks for the link! He looks like he must have been reused as Baron Karza of the Micronauts. Was this style toy (all those magnetic-limbed Micronauts) not from the Microman line?

The designer Ono Kojin said that the Headmasters were developed from this idea, but that the original idea was never fully completed. I wonder how they got headmasters out of that. And I wonder what other ideas they had for Headmasters that would have been taken from this.

I thought this was a thread about unproduced US Transformers series, like the last Action Master series or Transtech

Those are great unproduced items as well. I am interested in learning as much as I can about those, but I recall seeing them a while back somewhere. This other stuff is kind of new to me. It would be nice to see all of this archived together somewhere.

There are sites out there for Pre-Transformers. I guess the stuff I started the thread about would be more like Post-Transformers. But I'd love to see what colors they would have been and who would have been an Autobot or Decepticon.

I have just recently delved into collecting some of the Brave series, you can find alot of rereleased items for sale over at ebay by a seller Liqdeal

Here is a link to his sales page

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...&sort=3&rows=50

But here is a link to pics of most of the Brave series toys.

http://www.geocities.com/evattype01/

I have picked up a few items from the brave lines, the GaoGaiGar, and King Exkaiser should arrive today.

But I dont really know much about the series to help out.

Hope the links help.

Archived