Am I the only one wondering WTF?

JustLOKIPLVY

let's not forget that eventually wlamart sold the target exclusive universe devastator as well. i think it's a case of walmart buying left over stock from target.

I would have thought so too, but they've been repacked. Bilingual packaging and they have the bo card on the back of the instructions. I'm waiting to see if they show up anywhere else. Maybe Wal-mart Canada cut a deal with hasbro because there's no Targets up here? Or t might just be another cash grab on Hasbro's part, similar to all the other repaints.

Didn't look at any of them all that closely.

Also yeah the packages were different.

Most of these I already boght during Energon/Cybertron. Some like Hardtop/Swerve twice.

The Elita 1/Arcee looks good and IMO is one of the better molds.

Also saw some Desert Attack Scorponok set. Basically deluxe Scorpy and three army figurines packeded in the bubble. When did this come out? May have grabbed but already have a standalone deluxe.

sorry, i keep forgetting this board has folks from different countries :P

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say maybe they where just target exclusives in the us, perhaps there are more targets here?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
let's not forget that eventually wlamart sold the target exclusive universe devastator as well. i think it's a case of walmart buying left over stock from target.

I would have thought so too, but they've been repacked. Bilingual packaging and they have the bo card on the back of the instructions. I'm waiting to see if they show up anywhere else. Maybe Wal-mart Canada cut a deal with hasbro because there's no Targets up here? Or t might just be another cash grab on Hasbro's part, similar to all the other repaints.

Most of these I already boght during Energon/Cybertron. Some like Hardtop/Swerve twice.

Also saw some Desert Attack Scorponok set. Basically deluxe Scorpy and three army figurines packeded in the bubble. When did this come out? May have grabbed but already have a standalone deluxe.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say maybe they where just target exclusives in the us, perhaps there are more targets here?

We don't have Target up her, period :P

That said, I doubt it's as simple as making Target exclusives mass release figures in countries that don't have Targets. We never got G1 Movie Jazz, G1 Movie Starscream, or RoboVision Prime up here.

I have seen the Target exclusive Movie Scout figures up here though, in Wal-Mart and The Great Canadian Superstore.

I think other distributors (WM, GCSS, etc....) are simply buying up Target's unsold stock of Movie Scout figures and redistributing them themselves.

Obviously Target would be reluctant to sell off their excess Deluxe and Voyager exclusives, seeing as they probably don't have any problems selling them. The Scouts though, well they can be peg warmers.

We don't have Target up her, period :P

That said, I doubt it's as simple as making Target exclusives mass release figures in countries that don't have Targets. We never got G1 Movie Jazz, G1 Movie Starscream, or RoboVision Prime up here.

I have seen the Target exclusive Movie Scout figures up here though, in Wal-Mart and The Great Canadian Superstore.

I think other distributors (WM, GCSS, etc....) are simply buying up Target's unsold stock of Movie Scout figures and redistributing them themselves.

Obviously Target would be reluctant to sell off their excess Deluxe and Voyager exclusives, seeing as they probably don't have any problems selling them. The Scouts though, well they can be peg warmers.

yea, i doubt they had any SS or jazz's left esp after the clearance. although, it could be that hasbro offered the scouts to canadian wms as they might have produced too much?

meh, idk, i don't think it's that big a deal though.

although, it could be that hasbro offered the scouts to canadian wms as they might have produced too much?

meh, idk, i don't think it's that big a deal though.

I agree, but it was interesting to see figures I had previously believed to only be available south of the border. In fact I've picked up Movie Armourhide and Skyblast.

If anything, I like it. I need a G1-like Arcee to go with my Classics/A-E-C collection (missed out on the Energon version).

I've seen them at Wal-Mart and Superstore, too. Unfortunately that was before Christmas, and I had no interest in buying repainted Cybertron figures I already had.

(Albeit, now I almost wish I had picked a few up, for painting if nothing else, since the only TF stuff anywhere right now are the Prime/Starscream blasters and about 30 pegs full of T.E.C.H. gear that's never gonna sell at one of my local TRUs.)

....since the only TF stuff anywhere right now are the Prime/Starscream blasters and about 30 pegs full of T.E.C.H. gear that's never gonna sell at one of my local TRUs.)

You to, eh? :\

From the Transformers Wiki:

"The Scouts were available as non-exclusive mass retail releases in Canada and Europe."

The Target-Exclusive Bumblebee two-pack was also a non-exclusive mass retail release in Europe, I believe.

"The Scouts were available as non-exclusive mass retail releases in Canada and Europe."

The Target-Exclusive Bumblebee two-pack was also a non-exclusive mass retail release in Europe, I believe.

well, i think there's a reason for that, namely that there aren't target stores in europe (at least norway), so the only way the exclusives could reach that audience is... mass retail!

I'd forgotten the Bumblebee two-pack was an exclusive as well. Zellers canada managed to pick those up. Haven't cracked mine open yet, not sure if its new packageing or resold overstock? You'd almost think it was a pattern, maybe Hasbro's deal with Target lets them offer the exclusive to one other retailer in other regions?

Which reminds me, I should go hit a few Zellers, see if they've gotten any new shipments yet.

I'd forgotten the Bumblebee two-pack was an exclusive as well. Zellers canada managed to pick those up. Haven't cracked mine open yet, not sure if its new packageing or resold overstock? You'd almost think it was a pattern, maybe Hasbro's deal with Target lets them offer the exclusive to one other retailer in other regions?

Which reminds me, I should go hit a few Zellers, see if they've gotten any new shipments yet.

I'm thinking that right to exclusive figures are specific to each country. Hasbro UK doesn't have to worry about the deal that Hasbro USA and Target worked about regarding exclusives in the US, and could choose to release figures at different retailers. Likewise, just because something is a Wal-Mart exclusive in the US doesn't mean that it will be a Wal-Mart exclusive in, say, Canada. That is, of course, unless Hasbro and Wal-Mart Canada ink a similar deal. Or something in the deal prohibits the figure from being released in other countries.

Archived