TRANSTECH UNIVERSE

Ryu Hayabusa

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they were to produce one or more Transteh toys, yes, even I would join. In the meantime, however, I'm satisfied with seeing Skybyte there, and seeing the two Cosmos' checking eachother out.

Ah Skybyte, the best character in rid by far.

Who's the greatest shark around?

who's the smartest shark in town

Skybyte, that's me!

wonder how he got there, i doubt we'll find out though

transtech... thats so 1999

yes it was 1999, but the storyline was intended for a 13+ yrs age bracket, thus we'd would have gotten a TF show that was more mature. Instead we got 7 years of pre-teen intended viewing (boring!) So excuse us if we get excited about the idea of something that could have been better.

transtech... thats so 1999

yes it was 1999, but the storyline was intended for a 13+ yrs age bracket, thus we'd would have gotten a TF show that was more mature. Instead we got 7 years of pre-teen intended viewing (boring!) So excuse us if we get excited about the idea of something that could have been better.

agreed! When I saw RID I hung my head in shame. with the exception of new series, I have felt a bit shafted in past years. So something to do with transtech makes me think MAYBEE hasbro might actually be apologizing to us (older fans) of the mistakes that have been made. I am having a nerd attack right now (proud of it).

So something to do with transtech makes me think MAYBEE hasbro might actually be apologizing to us (older fans) of the mistakes that have been made.

Yes, because old dorks who discuss the deep implications of toys on teh interwebz are Hasbro's target demographic.

I like how i got so many people's pantys in a bunch just by saying i think the idea might be a bit dated now...

as for all this talk about story crap it never happened they just had a few ideas stop saying its this amazing thing. even if it was aimed at a more mature fan base is not going to mean its gods gift to us it could very well of been total ass we will never know

as for this being hasbros way of saying sorry... i hope not they didnt do anything wrong RiD was some cheap fun and the toys ruled over the transtech ideas plus with RiD it was the first time we seen normal looking earth modes since G1 and i fail to see how that was bad

now if they release the toys (i dont think they will FYI) i might get them if thier at the right price

agreed! When I saw RID I hung my head in shame. with the exception of new series, I have felt a bit shafted in past years. So something to do with transtech makes me think MAYBEE hasbro might actually be apologizing to us (older fans) of the mistakes that have been made. I am having a nerd attack right now (proud of it).

This is the attitude I hate to see in the TF fandom.

Hasbro doesn't need to apologize to anyone. We (older fans) make up, at most, 15% of their market. They're under no obligation to market to us.

In fact they've been great to us. We got Alternators, the Ti line (good idea, piss poor execution, but the thought was there), US versions of the MP line, and an ongoing Classics/Universe line that caters to us older fans. That's not even taking into consideration the countless G1 homages we got in RiD/A/E/C.

FTR, I'm glad we got RiD, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. Yes, the cartoons were aimed at a younger demographic, but guess what? That's the primary audience!

Rather, I'm glad we got RiD/A/E/C because it gave us back traditional vehicle/mechanical-style Transformers. The whole Beast Era was fun, but it was time to get back to basics.

To echo Blitz....Transtech being targeted at an older audience doesn't guarantee a good show. Yeah, it worked for Beast Wars, but what you're forgetting is the massive FAIL that was Beast Machines.

Beast Machines was, without a doubt, targeted to an older audience, and it failed miserably. I would rather watch Kicker's Greatest Hits from Energon then watch that new-age hippie-fest that was Beast Machines.

The only redeeming quality Transtech offered was the possibility that Starscream (who was returning) would blast the crap out of that emo SoB Nightscream.

Beast Machines is far from hippie crap, especially considering that Optimus Primal is portrayed as a zealot and Megatron's ideals aren't completely offbase...

Watch it again. It's a lot deeper than you think it is.

Of course, it completely and totally sucks as a kids show, but there's no arguments about that...

Archived