Energon Galvatron Space Cannon Mode WIP

tom servo

I've wanted to do something like this since I bought this figure, but I never got around to doing more than removing his wings and making a new fusion cannon. Now that Jin's made not one but two Galvatrons I had to take a stab at it. I think I managed to put my own stamp on it.

Galvatronc1.jpg

Galvatronc2.jpg

Galvatronc3.jpg

Galvatronc5.jpg

My real problem is that the socket that I made for the cannon is too tight. I don't know how I'll ever keep paint on it. The base of the cannon is made from parts from Marvel Legends Iron Man's jet pack. The crown on the socket that it plugs into is a part that I found in the street ages ago. Never throw anything out people.

The shoulders are going to get tank treads as soon as I can find a set that's the right size.

I'll post robot mode pics when I work out how the cannon will attach to his arm.

In a funny twist, I seem to have been channeling 'The Next Generation when I made this. When I got him all together, I realized that he looks a bit like an exocomp This was not my intent. but it's still funny.

This is my original fusion cannon- made out of that horrid little tank that he came with. I still like it.

FusionCannon2c.jpg

Thanks WJ! I hope this lives up to your expectations! Bear in mind that this is still very "in progress".

Galvatron006.jpg

Galvatron009.jpg

Galvatron010.jpg

Galvatron008.jpg

Galvatron011.jpg

Galvatron013.jpg

Galvatron015.jpg

Still a bit of painting to do. Got to add the orange to the barrel. I'm following Jin's lead on that one and using his tip about layering clear orange over the silver. I'll have to pick that up tomorrow. I think the structure is all in with the exception of those front treads. I'm going to have to keep my eyes pealed for the right thing to use...

Thanks guys! Wheel_Jack, if you make one you have to post it here! That goes out to everybody. Let's all Geewun Galvatrons!

Zero1312- when you don't call something boring, it means something! Thanks much!

Updates soon!

Archived