MP/20th Anni Repaint

Optimaximus

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I ever got a masterpiece prime I would never molest him by painting him black….or any other color for that matter. But I guess if you had a good bit of money that you didn’t need then it might be a cool repaint of done right….but I think I would leave that to Amon…after all he’s the best repainter out there.

Other wise I have to go with waste.

hey guys...long time reader, first time posting

ok i was just wondering if anyone mentioned or actually repainted their MP/20th anni prime to the black color scheme like scourge or nemesis prime. if so wat do u guys think? a waste or a good repaint? :tflaugh

Welcome to the boards!

Noble thought, but that's a sinful waste of money and of an incredible piece of Transformers history. However, If there was a FACTORY made recolor of him as Ultra Magnus (Dreamwave's War and Peace just made me fall in love with Magnus all over again) then I'd snatch that up! Ditto if they happened to do a Scourge as well... though him having the Matrix would be kinda weird... not to mention that they'd have to remold his symbol. It's only natural to imagine a Scourge-type recolor, but it sounds too expensive an endeavor for either entity to actually make.

well u guys make a good point about the money part...if u got the extra cash and the time, then yeah i guess its fine...but if ur a true tf fan, this is one of the best tf and shouldnt be messed around with....

also good point about the autobot symbol....now if they made a repaint of ultramagnus, that would be a pretty neat recoloring :thumb

I have been thinking about it for a couple of minutes and though I don’t really want Hasbro/Takara to repaint such a special figure, if it was to be done I would rather see a Black Convoy/Scourge Repaint rather than an Ultra Magnus repaint.

Ultra Magnus without the Armor really just seems like a white Optimus Prime, where as Black Convoy/ Scourge stands up quite well as his own character. :thumb

I would LOVE to see a scourge or nemesis prime repaint...and Amon would be the best one out there today to do that. That is, assuming, people have more money than brains to change TF history at it's finest

:wave Optimaximus I'd wait for Takara to repaint him as Scourge and save up in the meantime to get him. :thumb

I wouldn't mess with near TF perfection but you have the money to spare get two Hasbro 20th Ann. Primes and paint away! Let us know how it goes.

Archived