Biggest Transformers toy flop of 2007?

Cool Hand Lube

He's actually a cool robo-Scorpion figure for the price.

Seriously, go to Wal-Mart and look at the Ironman figures. They don't transform, and have less detailing and action features than Scorponok and still run you $10. I'd sooner take Scorpy over most of them, to be honest.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Scorponok.

Yeah, but if Scorponok was never in the movie, I reckon that he'd never have been made in the first place.

FIX'D

He's actually a cool robo-Scorpion figure for the price.

Seriously, go to Wal-Mart and look at the Ironman figures. They don't transform, and have less detailing and action features than Scorponok and still run you $10. I'd sooner take Scorpy over most of them, to be honest.

I think the IM figs are pretty cool. I love my MkIII and MkI.

And confirming that Payload, to the general public, was the biggest flop: My target just marked down Deluxes to $6.09 US.

I strongly think Payload is the cause, as the pegs (six of them) are full, and there's only three toys that AREN'T him...

I think the biggest problem with him is that his alt mode just isn't sexy. He's not a movie character, and he's a security van on top of that. Never mind that he is actually (IMO) a really cool figure, but most people never find out because he doesn't really jump out at you from the pegs.

and P.S. if Iron Man ends up being awesome, I would definitely be interested in one of those guys. Whether or not something transforms is irrelevant to me. Transformability often hinders the look of the piece anyway.

And confirming that Payload, to the general public, was the biggest flop: My target just marked down Deluxes to $6.09 US.

I strongly think Payload is the cause, as the pegs (six of them) are full, and there's only three toys that AREN'T him...

I think the biggest problem with him is that his alt mode just isn't sexy. He's not a movie character, and he's a security van on top of that. Never mind that he is actually (IMO) a really cool figure, but most people never find out because he doesn't really jump out at you from the pegs.

Never mind that he falls apart if you look at him wrong.

Nothing 2 tiny drops of glue can't fix.

I've been a defender of Hasbro's against unreasonable fanboy hate, but I don't think making a figure who's head and limbs don't pop off at the slightest touch is to much to ask.

I :luv my payload. I even read all the mods about removing the plunger and stuff...

But in the end the only thing i did to mine was nailpolish the loosey joints and give him a new head.

I really like his grab-arse gimmick.

Archived